Novice question / grounding?

JOHNnDENVER

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
I'm a novice, but have seen some debate over this...

Do you ground the dish itself?
Or just ground the coax once inside the structure / house?

Thanks in advance,
John S.

Thanks.. Seemed pretty clear cut to me.

I cannot imagine an outside ant. of any kind not being properly earth grounded.
I mean nobody wants millions of volts inside their house at full power, unless your building Frankenstien. lol

john,

i may take some heat on this but here goes. i started 5 years ago working for a major hsp during the primestar conversions and have since installed at least 10,000 conversions and new systems. i also have heard it all from grounding a steel dish and not grounding a para-todos ( they were fiberglas). in western maryland i was sent to a conversion and the home suffered a direct lightening strike the previous evening the subscriber lost everything electric and/or electronic in her home, the end of the primestar lnd was all over the yard the phone network box was also destroyed. the twin ground wires that primestar used looked like the black pills you lit as a kid to make the "snakes" . the damage was awesome! now my question for you is is that little green wire gonna divert 15 million to 1 trillion volts , HELL NO. i ground every possible install to the electrical systems MAIN ground at the coax dual GROUND BLOCK. also the manuals show a ground rod being installed with the system, unless you are a REGISTERED and LICENSED electrician......DO NOT DO THAT , you are opening yourself to litigation and in pennsylvania at least you could go to jail if someone dies from electricution or a fire and the rod you drove diverted a spike thru the home instead of the service entrance ground

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts