Now a member of the 4' c band club

Status
Please reply by conversation.
dem0nlord said:
Andrew does make a polar mount for the 1.2M. I purchased one from Dow Electronics.
I have this dish is the mount that is standard is that a polar mount? It attach to a 3" o.d. pole and has the scale on it to elevate from 15 degrees to 90 I think. Id this is so then what motor would work with it?

The mount that comes with those dishes would be an az/el mount. I'm attaching the PDF for the polar mount.

Attachments

• polar mount.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 128
Sure, you can motorize it by putting it on the polar mount. This would then use a linear actuator to move it. Use a 36V actuator, or there are DiSEqC actuators available. Just keep in mind that like the DiSEqC motors, a DiSEqC actuator is going to be slow moving.

I'd strongly urge you to go the 36V route though. I can't imagine anyone doing C band without an analog receiver, they cost next to nothing, and will drive the 36V actuator.

Back for a moment or so to the subject at hand. Say I wanna get a 1.2 M dish with HH120 motor (heavy duty), plus a C-band LNB. How well would the signals come in?

Dr. Hydro....what have your results been so far as of today. (9/14)

I'm seriously considering this cost effective method of getting C-band.

Hi Techno,
I only played with that for one afternoon, now I have a ku LNB hooked back up to the dish. One of these days I will play with the c band on the 4' some more, but first i want to get the proper scaler ring as i am fairly sure I was picking up interference from my c band dish.

Keep playin.

and posting your results. Someday, I may talk the wife in to letting me put out the P* as it's now in the basment collecting dust. Would be interesting if someone posted a list of what exactly you can pick up on which bird using a p* and C band lnb. I'm guessing you could strap a cband and invacom quad together for both c and ku? Would be nice if someone made an lnb that did both ku linear and circular and c band too.

mastermesh said:
and posting your results. Someday, I may talk the wife in to letting me put out the P* as it's now in the basment collecting dust. Would be interesting if someone posted a list of what exactly you can pick up on which bird using a p* and C band lnb. I'm guessing you could strap a cband and invacom quad together for both c and ku? Would be nice if someone made an lnb that did both ku linear and circular and c band too.

Strapping a Invacom to a cband might be more difficult. One, its heavy and two, have to worry about linear and circular KU offset.

I think that a c/ku lnb with a offset circular (DBS) lnb would be better. THe circular KU signals are much stronger and don't need to worry about lnb skew.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)