Now an official cord cutter!

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
(Yay!!) I had limited basic for locals. Hooked up a clearstream 1 in the windowsill (outside with a preamp) and inside using rabbit ears for the vhf hi channels amplified. Not the strongest signals, but definitely strong enough to keep picture from pixelating hardly at all. Changed internet providers as Comcast couldn't compete with prices. Slower speed, but enough to stream and do what I want for a lot cheaper. I'm thrilled. Took me months to find the sweet spots. No more cable tv bills!! Saving over 300.00 per year. Saw on tv last night where a lot more people plan to drop cable by 2017. I'm excited!! Just had to post!!:)

Reactions: spongella
I'd have to put up an outside antenna to get my channels OTA. Ever since the switch to digital,it has been nearly impossible to use an indoor antenna where I live.
Sorry to hear that!! My clearstream is in the windowsill outside. Not supposed to have outdoor antennas, but I see the tall, old fashioned ones in the neighborhood so let them say something as small as mine in a.windowsill. They will have to force all of them to come down. Mine is a circle with a" screen" on the back. No bigger than a 1990's desk phone compared to a huge outdoor one. First of the month I'm switching rabbit ears inside for mohu leaf. Bought and tested earlier this month and signal strength is a lot better on vhf hi and some uhf. Rest of my uhf comes through my clearstream 1

(Yay!!) I had limited basic for locals. Hooked up a clearstream 1 in the windowsill (outside with a preamp) and inside using rabbit ears for the vhf hi channels amplified. Not the strongest signals, but definitely strong enough to keep picture from pixelating hardly at all. Changed internet providers as Comcast couldn't compete with prices. Slower speed, but enough to stream and do what I want for a lot cheaper. I'm thrilled. Took me months to find the sweet spots.

What stations do you get now? I know you we're getting the big four stations because they're all on VHF. What main channels did you gain on UHF?
(channel numbers or call signs are ok. you don't need to list every subchannel you get to) :)

What stations do you get now? I know you we're getting the big four stations because they're all on VHF. What main channels did you gain on UHF?
(channel numbers or call signs are ok. you don't need to list every subchannel you get to) :)
Funny thing is when I called clearstream awhile back, they said WFLI AND WDSI were unattainable at my location. And I'm getting more than that.

Funny thing is, I like doing.the" impossible" and proving to myself I can do what people tell me isn't feasible. Especially antennas. I used to DX all the time when I lived in a house with a 50 ft tower and rotor. One night I pulled in an analog station from.Argentina. so cool!!

Funny thing is, I like doing.the" impossible" and proving to myself I can do what people tell me isn't feasible. Especially antennas. I used to DX all the time when I lived in a house with a 50 ft tower and rotor. One night I pulled in an analog station from.Argentina. so cool!!
ever since the digital transition there are areas where using an antenna and picking up stuff is almost like some freak voodoo. That's what I do now at my location which is see what I can pick up

Reactions: andy_horton
Andyhorton,
Congratulations, you are now one of the free and few that actually get TV the old fashioned way, with an antenna. My advice is to try different antennas until you are satisfied completely with your reception. There is plenty on TV these days and it's nice to see local commercials by area merchants too. Have fun.

Sponge

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)