Now it is time to write DISH Again.

maljabir said:
Got this response from DISH to my e-mail:
Thank you for contacting DISH Network regarding HD programming.
DISH Network strives to offer the best quality of high definition programming that meets industry and television standards while maximizing DISH Network’s HD offering to consumers nationwide.
Thank you,
Natalie Winters
Executive Resolution Team

Isn't it funny that they have a "resolution" team?:) Though I don't think they would see the humor in that.

Me too same answer,I replied back " Thanks for nothing Nads,C`YA DISH"

Scott Greczkowski said:
Marc Lumpkin gave us an explanation of WHY they were down rezing
BFG said:
Scott can you please show me this again. Because I have yet to find an explanition that makes sense...
Scott Greczkowski said:
I never said it made sense to me eaither... I was just reporting what I was told...
But you did say it made sense, here:
Scott Greczkowski said:
As far as the HD Lite stuff goes yesterday we (HokieEngineer, Scooters and myself) met with Marc Lumpkin about this and he explained it all to us. And honestly what he said made sense for the most part.

You also went on to say:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Most of the VOOM channels have always been in HD lite since they have been on Dish. Most of the customers with HDTV's do not have equipment which display the full resolution of 1920 x 1080i. And one of the biggest requests Dish is getting is for more HD. We were asked if we would rather have the full HD picture, or if we would rather have ESPN2HD and Universal HD, I believe we all said the extra channels.

Hammer

Last edited:
gutter said:
That is correct but 1280 X 1080I not 1920 X 1080i. A 1/3 less picture information. In short, Less filling HD. That is what we are all pissed about.:(
We have to write and flood them now. We can't just let Scott fight our battles for us. We have to be clear and fight our own battles with every breath we take of HDLITE they shove down the pike. Tell them you want quality not quantity.
1/3 loss is a concern. If they keep it at 1920 X 1080i what is to prevent them from using a low bit rate as compared to the norm? Hopefully those sending in letters are expressing the quality of the 1920 X 1080i picture to include a quality bit rate. BTW, the FCC rules concerning satellite HD broadcasts is just too muddy and lacks backbone.

boy921 said:
1/3 loss is a concern. BTW, the FCC rules concerning satellite HD broadcasts is just too muddy and lacks backbone.

Lack of backbone??? That is why the FCC was created created in the first place because Congress didn't want to take the heat. Better to pass it off to a new burocracy who doesn't know WTF they are doing either.:D

I got the standard response ( copied below) as well. I guess Dish now sees HD lite as industry standard.

Thank you for contacting DISH Network regarding HD programming.

DISH Network strives to offer the best quality of high definition
programming that meets industry and television standards while
maximizing DISH Network's HD offering to consumers nationwide.

Thank you,
Natalie Winters
Executive Resolution Team

I guess our options are; a) accept HD lite from Dish or b) use OTA if possible or c) change to cable or fiber/phone as it become available in order to get full HD rezz.

I been with Dish since 1995 but this HD lite unacceptable to me after getting Full rezz HD for the past few years.

sent

I sent a e-mail to ceo@dishnetwork.com

I too want quality over quantity.
I did not invest all this money in a tv and other equpt. to get 'hd-lite.

If it is not stopped now it will never be changed and will become the norm.
They will have the attitude of 'well that is what every one else is doing'.

It's bad enough that they are playing games with the encoding that requires new receivers to get the new content.
Plus they are getting more money out of us to upgrade to the new receivers.

It's time to say enough of this bs we want our full rez. hd.

Yo Guys,
I got the same response. From the "resolution" team. Initially I was excited about the upgrade, didn't even mind paying the $299.00 to upgrade from my 811.
But this HD-Lite really gets to me.....

I find it strange that DISH has not provided an explaination for the change in resolution or publically commented. They must feel very comfortable that everyone will accept less for more.

It's just the same thing all over again. When Dish first started, we were all wowed by the "digital" quality. Over the years, the quality got worse as more and more channels were added. There were complaints, but more and more people signed up so the downgraded pictures became "Standard." Now the same thing is happening with HD. From a business standpoint, Dish sets what they believe is a quality standard that's "acceptable" to most -- and unless you had HD from the beginning -- most of the folks now getting HD for the first time are still wowed by the pictures. Early adopters don't like the change, but Dish figures we're such a small group that we'll give in -- particularly when there's not a lot of alternative.

TBarclay said:
It's just the same thing all over again. When Dish first started, we were all wowed by the "digital" quality. Over the years, the quality got worse as more and more channels were added. There were complaints, but more and more people signed up so the downgraded pictures became "Standard." Now the same thing is happening with HD. From a business standpoint, Dish sets what they believe is a quality standard that's "acceptable" to most -- and unless you had HD from the beginning -- most of the folks now getting HD for the first time are still wowed by the pictures. Early adopters don't like the change, but Dish figures we're such a small group that we'll give in -- particularly when there's not a lot of alternative.

I think this is a very good answer and coupled with Mark Cuban's current opinion that the providers have to experiment, it says that by doing nothing, we get what we don't demand. And have to pay for it too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)