Now my HDTV really rocks thanks to Gregg Loewen's ISF

Iceman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
Georgia
I had being waiting a couple of months for Gregg Loewen to come in my area for an ISF calibration for my Mitsubishi HDTV. This past Saturday was finally my time. Let me tell you, it was well worth the wait and money.

I chose Gregg over a couple of local certified ISF techs just because of his great reputation for being the best in the business.

Even though I had read many post bragging on his great service, I was still a little skeptical, due to the fact I had already done some adjustments using an Avia disc, etc.

Greg came in and went straight to work. I was amazed at all the high-tech equipment he used to do the calibrations. He was very professional and didn't mind me asking questions as he worked.

About four hours later...Boy, was I surprised! I could not believe the difference in the picture quality. Colors are vibrant, skin tones are true, blacks are now truly black, images are crisp and clear. DVDs look almost HD. HD looks incredible! SD look almost DVD quality. HUGE, HUGE difference across the board.

In addition to the ISF calibration, Gregg performed the following on my set:

Pre evaluation of the viewing environment
Pre evaluation of the display device, projector, and cabling
Removal of the protective screen (where applicable)
Mechanical disconnection of SVM circuit
Image centeringMinimization of overscan
Correction of major geometry errors
Convergence touch up of all NTSC modes
Electronic focus adjustments
Mechanical focus adjustments
Cleaning of optics
Herman TLV Maneuver for applicable Toshiba sets
Centering of front panel controls when ever possible
Adjustment of front panel controls from within the service menu
Color decoder adjustment where possible, either via service menu adjustment, EEPROM Reflashing (I2C Fix), or installation of a red push attenuator.
Lens striping, when required, to achieve a color temperature variation of less than 500 Kelvin.
Computer generated report showing pre and post calibration settings

If you have a HDTV and want your set to deliver the best picture quality that it is capable of producing, give Gregg an email and schedule you an appointment right away. Trust me, you will be glad that you did.

I have attached a copy of my computer generated report showing pre and post calibration.

You can visit Gregg Loewen's website at www.lionav.com

Take care,
Ice

Attachments

• icemanisf.jpg
    icemanisf.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 437
Iceman...you might want to edit that PDF. Its got your name, address and phone number on it! DOH!

I finally booked Gregg today for a calibration whenever he comes to NE Ohio, I've been meaning to do this for awhile.....I'm looking forward to meeting Gregg and getting the calibration done to my Hitachi 57SWX20B RPTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)