now receiving most of my locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

danielle_s

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Dodge City, Ks
I got a call from all installs/installs inc. this morning around 9:45. We talked for a minute on the phone and she said that an installer would be out in about an hour. He showed up around 11:20. I was starting to wonder where he was. Before he came to the apartment he said that he has to go and talk with my apartment manager. Bad idea, espically where I live. There are 4 people who run this place and they all think they're the one in charge when only one is in charge and she's on maternity leave.

Anyway, He came up and was quite unhappy with where the system was installed. For starters my antenna was mounted on the wrong side of the dish which put the antenna to close to the wall so I couldn't turn the antenna if need be. The first thing that my installer did was cut the line running into the splitter thingy and change the connector. Once he changed it, he put the diplexor back on the sat receiver and connected the line to it. He then scaned for locals and my abc station came in. Then he tried to flip the antenna but being that it was so close to the wall he couldn't do it. So he disconnected the antenna and moved it to the other side of the dish. He also changed the connector thing as well. After that we scanned and managed to nbc, abc, fox, wb, upn. I wish we could have gotten a couple of other stations in but there were several factors preventing us. One of them being that one of the stations broadcasts in analog still and is not being picked up by the voom box I believe.

He said the company he works for, all installs, was the first installer for VOOM in kansas. He also told me about his trips to Oklahoma, nebraska, texas, and new mexico. He's really cool and very helpful. If you live in kansas and want their number just pm me. For those of you who are new and want to make sure that you don't get burned by a no call/no show make sure that your installer comes from All Installs.
:) ;) :cool: :rolleyes: :yes :bounce

It's nice to see a few posts from people who have recently had good installs. :)

As for the analog station, you can try to split the cable and run it directly to the TV to see if the TV will tune it in.

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)