Status
Please reply by conversation.

fred555

Pub Member
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 18, 2014
77W
Here is a Non Penetrating Ground Mount I built last weekend, or so I call it. I have an 8 footer I need to plant but when you live in the woods, you have to find the right spot first. I plan on putting my 6 footer on this mount to find the right spot to plant the 8 footer:

npgm.jpg

Its sturdier than a lot of in ground poles Ive seen. Made out of angle iron, A beam support pole and 1/2 EMT conduit.
The two rows on either end hold cinder blocks. The supports and pole unbolt if needed.
I welded it all by myself without the help of the wife. Will finish painting it and get it set up over the long holiday weekend.

Nice work!

Spike it into the ground or use three point tie-downs to ground anchor screws. A moderate gust of wind on a 8' dish will flip that small footprint (even loaded with cinder blocks) like a gymnast! :D

Will do. The 8 footer is getting a proper concrete foundation when I find the right spot with the 6 footer attached to the rig above, 4 feet deep and 16 bags of concrete. Then I will probably move the NPGM and 6 footer to another site and spike it permanently for a while.

I have a friend with a small catamaran. The little sail on that boat develops 300 horsepower in a 15MPH wind. When a dish catches the wind just right, it's a goner ;)

That thang looks purty. :)

My buddy has a monstrous Hilti hammer drill. He has an attachment we use to bury ground rods.
Even with the hammer drill it takes a half hour or more to sink an entire ground rod in this soil.
I would not want to even try with a sledge hammer.

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)