NPS updates and channels moving....!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
digiblur,

I don't know much about the charts, but is these readings, 'good' 'bad' 'fair' or just 'awful'?

You be the judge.... here's a dump from a random TP on 110W. Note: The muxes above yield around 27 megabits of bandwidth, this mux yields around 30 megabits.

Attachments

• 110wr.JPG
    110wr.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 131
Um, tr 7 is where the west coast feeds to the networks NPS offers to Dish Network, so add another 4 channels to TP 7, I will believe it when I see it.

It looks like were back to NPS squeeze vision. Too bad they didn't use the two transponders just for DCII and split the channels between the two.

I wonder how much more it would cost NPS to do it right? Im sure (IMO) the bean counters did the math to make NPS the most profit. Oh well Dish network pictures again. :(

Blurry vision on my big tv's for sure. I need to get the new map for the usa on GB. Subscription is still so cheap compared to cable or pizza pan. I have just about had it with all these networks denying us c-band folks access to their signals.

I have no children and i am a bachelor, therefore i am seriously thinking about just keeping the movie channels and dropping the normal cable garbage.

FTA and movies only for me!!

Their goal is to push the remaining few of us over to pizza or cable.
My house has never had cable tv since it was built and I will not have our local cable. You talk about blurry vision- the digital is horrible and the analog is snowy on the high band channels. Couple of my buddies pay over 50.00 dollars per month for snowy pictures. They think my HBO/MAX channels on G1 are HD!
I try to tell them those are stardard def pics. Just goes to show you how the big tv people brainwash people who don't know any better.

Thats what I do, well I really only watch boxing and movies so I don't really care for any other channels, well I mite grab Discovery HD for a few months I like that nature stuff to.

Blurry vision on my big tv's for sure. I need to get the new map for the usa on GB. Subscription is still so cheap compared to cable or pizza pan. I have just about had it with all these networks denying us c-band folks access to their signals.

I have no children and i am a bachelor, therefore i am seriously thinking about just keeping the movie channels and dropping the normal cable garbage.

FTA and movies only for me!!

Their goal is to push the remaining few of us over to pizza or cable.
My house has never had cable tv since it was built and I will not have our local cable. You talk about blurry vision- the digital is horrible and the analog is snowy on the high band channels. Couple of my buddies pay over 50.00 dollars per month for snowy pictures. They think my HBO/MAX channels on G1 are HD!
I try to tell them those are stardard def pics. Just goes to show you how the big tv people brainwash people who don't know any better.

That's the funny thing I've been watching analog satellite for 20 years. The picture quality was always fantastic. When I see High Def I don't see what the big thing is. But your average joe that's been watching a poor cable system or the compression on dss, thinks it's the best thing in the world. The kicker part is there slowly compressing HD more and more. Soon they will be down to 480p or maybe 480i quality.

Hits feeds

Those hits feeds on X-4 actually look pretty good on my 42" tvs.
They do look better than NPS's uplinks IMO.

We can't really complain too much we still have the cheapest subscription rates out there. I wish nps would get an X-4 pack. I could use a little dish at the cabin and take my dsr-905 with me camping. I do not need a programming guide.

NPS PQ on NEW G3 channels

Found the NPS new feed's on G3 playing with my generics today. The ones on TR 1 look the same as they did on G9 so NPS didn't make any changes to bitrate etc... Oh Well :(

While on G1, I did an unplug/reboot on my 920 late last night/early this morning. Trying to see if they had been mapped yet? They hadn't, I didn't think about looking for them Generically? When I get time, I'll take a look. Thanks for the idea!

Al

While on G1, I did an unplug/reboot on my 920 late last night/early this morning. Trying to see if they had been mapped yet? They hadn't, I didn't think about looking for them Generically? When I get time, I'll take a look. Thanks for the idea!

Al

CG@G3 100-109

Thanks!

Al

No problem. They have TR 1 up but not TR 7 yet. I first checked G3 for signal strength on those transponders. This morning I had 44 now I had 77 on tr 1 so I went generic hunting. I heard they will be running both feeds till May 28th when GB & G9 will be shut down. They won't be mapped till ACC does there magic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts