Nss 806 @40.5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone know if it's possible to catch NSS 806 @ 40.5 with a 7.5 FT Cband dish from toronto?

I see the satellite covers north america.

Comes in loud and clear in Montreal on my 10.5', keep in mind it's circular C-band, I use the corotor II plus wideband.

I use the corotor II plus wideband.
Hey tdti1,

I have one of those plastic pieces that came with my Geo-sat Pro C/Ku LNBF for catching circular C-Band signals.

How much signal loss occurs when using one of those and leaving it in full time?

Does it really affect your other linear signals that much?

Thanks for the info. Don't mean to hi-jack the thread.

If I'm not mistaken if you use the Teflon slab you will only get circular C-band, remove it and you will get linear c/ku, the corotor wideband has one built in, to be honest I have not really noticed any quality loss on any of my receivers since I replaced the domestic corotor with the wideband one.

The above may not be 100% accurate info, I hope someone here with a c/ku lnbf has tried it with and without the Teflon.

If I'm not mistaken if you use the Teflon slab you will only get circular C-band, remove it and you will get linear c/ku, the corotor wideband has one built in, to be honest I have not really noticed any quality loss on any of my receivers since I replaced the domestic corotor with the wideband one.
Thanks for the info.

Like you say, maybe somone will chime in who has used it both ways.

I have one of those plastic pieces that came with my Geo-sat Pro C/Ku LNBF for catching circular C-Band signals.

How much signal loss occurs when using one of those and leaving it in full time?

Does it really affect your other linear signals that much?

Thanks for the info. Don't mean to hi-jack the thread.

I'm in Indiana, and right now i'm using a Chaparral MicroPak 3G feedhorn and lnb on the 8'er. I tried the plate one day and picked up all kinds of channels on the circular sats with great signal quality, but lost all most everything on the linear sats except for the REALLY strong ones, so i took it back out. I'm gonna get me one of those wideband horns one of these days when spring gets here. Hope this helps.

Thanks Shultz!

That pretty much tells me what I need to know.

If I knew more languages, it might be worth it. :)

No problem, it did give me something else to tinker with, but i'm not gonna climb the 12' ladder and take that plate in and out everytime i want to watch tv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)