NSS 806 COB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

neftv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
PA USA
I was wondering if anyone happens to know when the Center of Box happens for NSS 806 over the next couple months?
NSS web site does not have the info posted for this satellite.

Alright since noone has an answer for the COB. Does anyone have an understanding of how circular polarity works? I mean do Satellite providers shift one Transponder circular polarity vs another transponder making it impossible to get everything on a stationary dish? There are like 3 left circular TP and one use to work perfectly now its blocking severely but the signal strength is about the same. I know I am on the bird because the other left circulars are perfect.

How large a BUD are you using to get C-band signals?
Looks like they have the power to light up a mini-BUD in your area, but there could be interference from the birds next door.

Which transponders/channels are you having trouble with?
I'm sure someone on the east coast can double check for you.

The Globalcast 3803 L that has issues for me but like 3998 L comes in good. Up until Oct 1 3803 L was good for me. 3637 L is another one that comes in well for me. 3977 L is like gang busters for me. I was trying to get 4043L but I dont get that one at all. I really dont know how accurate lyngsat is though.

I have a 1.2 meter dish. I know its small but it seems to hold signal up till now. I have a CNX Duo.
I been tweaking since Oct 1.

Do you have a circular feedhorn or a dielectric insert placed in the throat of an LNBF? Center of box shouldn't mean much to you since your dish is small enough to have a nice wide beamwidth...

Edited to add that at the SES World Skies website they didn't list the center of box data for NSS-806....

My Dish is a Channel Master 1.2 with a regular Andrew C band feed horn for it. I using a dielectric insert I had from another feed horn. It's strange how Dielectric affects say 3803 but not 3923 for example. The position of dielectric I follow sortof the same positioning of the Andrew circular feedhorn that I could have gotton so I looked at the info from that and try to match it to this feedhorn I have.
Well I was thinking about the beamwidth of the small dish and thought that maybe that is an issue too but the fnny thing is I had no issues all summer long.

I have been doing FTA for a little over a year, but I am not sure what COB stands for. I will look it up. I live in Central Fl. and hit NSS 806 with my 10 ft. dish and a BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF. I insert my dielectric plate and pick up anywhere from 74 to 114 channels. The biggest problem is the majority of them are scrambled.

I am in New York and I get all the channels on NSS 806. I am using a 6ft. Fortec and the Geosat Pro C2 Lnb with dielectric plate inserted bought from Sadoun.This is driven by Qarl 3624 actuator. I able to view circular sats 22.ow 24.5w 40.5w and 50.0 w.with all viewable channels listed in Lyngsat.(I am unable to get Sportmax on 53.0w). 4043L (EBS)was hard at first,but I finally got it at 68%. 3803R(Russia Today is at 70% while 3803L is at 80%(Daystar).The dish is usually parked on NSS 806 for my soccer viewing and so what I did was take a TV to the roof and after installation I rotated the LNB until I got the best signal on the weakest channel. 3774 L(gi-mcs) is also weak for me. The above is to let you know that the channels in question are viewable with proper alignment and many hours of tweaking. I am using V3000(GBox) and Coolsat 5000.

Ackeebud,
In your experience with tweaking with circular polarity have you found it possible to be tweaked on say one NSS 806 L circular transponder and get very good signal for that Left circular then you go to many other Left Circulars and not get them at all on the same satellite? I wonder if using the dielectric insert on the linear Andrew feed horn is not as effective as getting the Circular version of the feedhorn? ( I looked at pictures and this is a design difference.) I noticed that just moving the dielectric just a hair clockwise or counterclockwise makes some Left channels come in and not others or vice versa.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)