NSS806

Status
Please reply by conversation.

telimez

Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Toronto
Hello, I've been trying to receive NSS806 at 40.5 W. I've got a C-Band LNB with a di-electric insert. The model is BSC621. I also have a 10 foot mesh dish and a HD Receiver Skybox S-12. The problem I'm having is, I'm only able to get good signal quality on the transponders that are DVB-S and the ones that are DVB-S2 I receive no signal quality. Please help, I do not know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try inverting the Polarities. Change all Horizontal Tps to Vertical and viceversa. Also, make a print out of all the TPs and make sure all of them are entered. Add those that are not in. Run both, a BlindScan and a Preset Scan. This is a very tricky sat!!

I'm sorry.....Welcome to the satguys!!!!

:welcome to SatelliteGuys telimez!!!!

I have never tried that sat, it is in the trees for me. Hopefully someone will come along with more answers, if what Carlos said will not work.

Like a lot of S2, Careful tweaking of the dish and feed horn (FL ,F/D and centering) for maximum performance may be necessary. Another thing that will likely improve performance is a C band only LNBF. Dual band models sacrifice some performance in order to work both bands. And for the ultimate, an orthomode feed horn w/ 2 LNBs.[$$$]

BTW: I don't know for sure if the S12's Q meter is a crappy as the S9. But if so,(and I think it probably is) it may not be a very good 'tool' for tuning. I, and many others, share this opinion.

Then, to add to my confusion, Satbeams shows a Hemi East and Hemi West beam, while Lyngsat just says it's a single Hemi beam. Which, wha- is on which, or is there really only 1 beam that covers the E and W as shown on Lyngsat? Hopefully someone here chimes in that has that satellite in their inventory. (I'd have to modify my polar mount quite a bit to get that satellite)

I have one of my 7.5" dishes park on NSS 806 for Ert world, in the pass 2 months the signal on 806 is weak i am using a Geosat LNBF with the di-electric insert. signal before on 3630 L 3333 (74 Q) with a Traxis 3500 now ( 42-55 Q ) no trees open sky.

i have one of my buds parked on it.
its funny, but i have 48 tps that light up and to the best of my knowledge, none are s-2.
but it is hard to say that for sure with my openbox s9. I tried to cross reference with lyngSat.

my new micro is on order...

Edit - corrrection, Guyana learning channel is s2 and i get it.
also 3883,3886,3889, odd, i never saw them before...

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. Can you get transponder 4169 R 18390? If you can let me know what type of LNB you are using. This transponder i get no signal quality or strength. Now i'm able to get most of the other transponders except this one. Thanks.

Thanks for your help. Can you get transponder 4169 R 18390? If you can let me know what type of LNB you are using. This transponder i get no signal quality or strength. Now i'm able to get most of the other transponders except this one. Thanks for your help.

I get no signal on transponder 4169 R 18390, using 7'1/2 Unimash dish , OpenBox S10.

I receive most of the DBS-S2 with a solid Fortec 6 ft and a BSC422 LNB. I receive:

4169 R
4055 R
4029 R (scrambled)
4008 R(scrambled)
3966 R
3920 R
3886 L
3883 L
3875 L
3841 L(scrambled)
3637 R
3633 L
3870 L
3889 L
4136 R

I DO NOT receive:
3962 R

What you can do is create the transponders you dont have yet and perform a transponder Scan. It worked for me with an Openbox S9.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)