Number of solo receivers on 1002. EA LNB?

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I have the 1000.2 Eastern Arc 2-head LNB like the one in the picture. Right now, it's powering a solo receiver for me and also one for my neighbor. I notice that there is a 3rd lead on there. Can I put a third solo receiver on that if I run another coax line?
1000.2-3.jpg

I'm pretty sure you could have 3 dual receivers, not just 3 solo receivers.
That's an EA LNB so 2 wires from it to a DPP44 will get you four receivers, chain another DPP44 for 4 more up to 3 DPP44's for 12 receivers. There are ways to get more than that if you need to. :)

So when I put in the DPP44, will my neighbor have to do a check switch?

Ok, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this project and before I buy my 2nd receiver I just want to make sure: can my 211k coexist with a Wally on this current LNB? I seem to remember seeing in another thread that this isn't possible.

A 211K and a Wally can both use both the Hybrid or the DPP LNBs.
The H3 can't use anything but the Hybrid, and when an H3 is connected to a Hybrid, No other receiver can be.

So yes a 211k and Wally can be connected to a DPP lnb or a Hybrid with no issues.

But I can't say what Dish will tell you when you go to Activate your Wally.
They may or may not permit it.

A 211K and a Wally can both use both the Hybrid or the DPP LNBs.
The H3 can't use anything but the Hybrid, and when an H3 is connected to a Hybrid, No other receiver can be.

So yes a 211k and Wally can be connected to a DPP lnb or a Hybrid with no issues.

But I can't say what Dish will tell you when you go to Activate your Wally.
They may or may not permit it.

They said I can activate it but I have to purchase it from a retailer. They won't direct sell or lease me one.

...err... do you and your neighbor each have a Dish account?

Yes, she has a receiver that backfeeds a TV2 to another room in her house. Currently my LNB has two coax lines, one connecting to her receiver via some kind of diplexer or splitter for the backfeed, and the other coax runs directly to my 211k. I was going to run a 3rd coax from the 3rd lead on my LNB, fish a jack through my bedroom wall, and connect the Wally directly to that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)