numbers cut off on top of h20

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
Anyone else having the tops of their numbers 5 and 7 being cut off on the h20? I also notice this sometimes on program titles. Eg. the top of the M in March Madness will be cut off. Or the line on the top of the 5 will be very small.

small but annoying problem.

thanks for your help but way over my head.

Should I just ask for a new receiver from directv? I should not have to pay anyone to fix this.

No, first you need to have the TV calibrated (this is not their responsibility). If your TV is the issue (calibration is always recommended for the best display) swapping receivers is not always the solution and also overscan is of no concern to your provider. If you are in a relatively decent sized town, just call a local HT shop and ask if they have (or have access to) a ISF tech. What is your zip, maybe I can help find one?

Also, if you TV has multiple connection types, such as HDMI, DVI, component, composite, they are not calibrated exactly the same. So you can try the alternate connections. If they all are off, heck, for free, you could swap if you get them to agree to it. Then if it still happens calibration is the key. I would still recommend this for the best presentation, because they adjust many things, not just overscan.

Last edited:
It's not an overscan problem, I have the same problem and my set was recently re-calibrated.

I've heard it's an issue with the box's software. I just ignore it, don't sweat it.

charper1 said:
No, first you need to have the TV calibrated (this is not their responsibility). If your TV is the issue (calibration is always recommended for the best display) swapping receivers is not always the solution and also overscan is of no concern to your provider. If you are in a relatively decent sized town, just call a local HT shop and ask if they have (or have access to) a ISF tech. What is your zip, maybe I can help find one?

it is not a calibration issue, the box does this . i am told it is a software issue and will be corrected. who knows when !

Now we need a listing of the softwre #, 2 buds in the DFW area say they do not have this issue; and I will try to get them to send me their version if any listed, and if its different.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)