NY Regional Sports/120+ and Multi Sport Package

teb2500

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
US
I am in the NYC area and do not receive my regional sports networks (MSG/SNY). I'm sure someplace will freeze before any negotiation becomes successful! I was told by Dish that the minimum qualifying package for multi-sports was 120+ and if I understand the packages, the only difference between 120 and 120+ is the regional sports. It would appear that Dish require I pay for channels I can't receive in order get the multi-sports package. Has anyone had any luck achieving a fair solution? Or do I just have to pay the extra $5/mth for 120+ and then add mult-sports?

No way around it as far as I know. What kind of sports are you looking for? All the pro sports and most college football and basketball will be blacked out. The only exceptions would be the Big 10 network, Pac 12 channel,and the upcoming SEC network and Longhorn network. I only get it in the fall for the Nfl red zone channel.

DISH only carries Red Zone and not Sunday Ticket. You will get blacked out of NY sports teams on the NBA package. If you want MSG, YES, or SNY you'll have to go to DirecTv, cable or FIOS.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

or "move" to Philly or Scranton

I am in the NYC area and do not receive my regional sports networks (MSG/SNY). I'm sure someplace will freeze before any negotiation becomes successful! I was told by Dish that the minimum qualifying package for multi-sports was 120+ and if I understand the packages, the only difference between 120 and 120+ is the regional sports. It would appear that Dish require I pay for channels I can't receive in order get the multi-sports package. Has anyone had any luck achieving a fair solution? Or do I just have to pay the extra $5/mth for 120+ and then add mult-sports?

Reasonable thinking, doubtful DISH will/can give you Top120 and Sportspack. However, I suggest you tell them what you want to do, and see what they will do for you if you go to the Top120+ and add the Sportspack. You may get more off than you think at least for 6 months or more.
And USE DIRT.

you could get a roku and pay for mlb tv..and watch the games after they are played live

you would see the games on the other RSN..in other words out of town announcers

Sorry, but the games get blacked out as the rights belong to the dma teams. It does not matter that you do not receive them ie: if the NY Rangers are playing any team the game is not available since MSG has the rights to it. If you do not have access to MSG on your provider, you can still view it by going to a place (friend, bar or whatever) that would let you watch it, but you will not be able to watch the game on your Dish receiver. I live outside Scranton and have gone through this for the years that Dish has not had YES, Comcast Philly, and dropped MSG, SNY and MSG2 with all games with NY Rangers, NY Knicks, NY Mets, Yankees, NY Nets, Sixers, Phillies and Flyers. "Moving" is not an option. "Moving" may work if you move far enough outside the team rights area, but you would probably wind up outside the spot beam for the locals and lose them which may matter to most subscribers.

Last edited:
No way around it as far as I know. What kind of sports are you looking for? All the pro sports and most college football and basketball will be blacked out. The only exceptions would be the Big 10 network, Pac 12 channel,and the upcoming SEC network and Longhorn network. I only get it in the fall for the Nfl red zone channel.

Incorrect a lot of college football is not blacked out (you might have to look for an open channel though) unless it's a CSN station

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)