NYC locals in Bucks County, PA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There is a difference between defending something, and explaining the reality of a situation to someone throwing a tantrum. I don't like it any more than anyone else outside the industry.

There is a difference between defending something, and explaining the reality of a situation to someone throwing a tantrum. I don't like it any more than anyone else outside the industry.

Things don't improve without communication of services that are unsatisfactory. See the above post about Extra Innings etc...

Actually they are willing to sell it to you, But can't.
Big difference.

That is the in market networks pissing and moaning to the government that prevents this.

People who don't own the content are the ones willing to sell you the product, not the owners of the product. The TV signal is not the product. It contains the product.

I own a truck and carry a load of CocaCola from Atlanta back home, I cannot legally sell it retail (or wholesale) to anyone because Coke has an exclusive contract with a bottler here. I own the truck, but do not have the right to distribute the product it's carrying.

Satellite companies do not own the product.

I don't get what is so hard to understand here. If the people who OWN the product wanted to allow it, it would be very simple for it to happen.
If a channel is able to buy national rights to a program, then there is no problem for them to sell their signal nationally.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I can certainly sympathize with this discussion. The local affiliates here in El Paso, TX are very unprofessional. I believe part of the problem is that the majority of residents here watch the Spanish channels either as the US Spanish networks or the many stations available OTA from Juarez, Mexico. Our local ABC station has had an audio glitch since the 2009 digital transition. I and a few others have communicated with them many times and they are "aware of the problem". The CBS affiliate may start a program on time or it may go into an endless loop of local advertising. One minute into any prime time CBS show the audio will drop out for about 30 seconds.
I have considered "moving" to a neighboring market or claiming I had an RV to get other markets. I am at the conclusion that this is the way that these businesses want to market their product but that does not mean I have to accept it. I can wait until popular network shows are available on Netflix or I see the DVD for sale. I do believe that all of this is eventually changing with on-line streaming and such.

Reactions: ejb1980
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)