O and A taking over for Roth?

I have heard nothing of Corolla being replaced just DLR and possibly some shifiting of time slots in DC.

Wow,

Satellite radio, Terrestrial radio, they got taken off of Directv last week but are being put back on because of the pest calling and complaining.

Were will they stop?

O&A for president 2008?

People aren't going to get XM to get the 2 hours of non-censored content. IMHO, they made a HUGE mistake. Drive time in the AM is where it's at, not 9a-11a. Personally, I'm pissed as hell. I remember their whole FM rant about how they loved XM and would have to have to go back to regular broadcast radio. They get offered some $$$ and their tune changes. I can't see them staying on at XM past their current contract if the free radio gig works out.

O&A have always been kind of phony in the sense that they seem to crave that mainstream attention, but want to be "bad" at the same time. That's why they came back to regular radio, they want more listeners. They've never needed to be unleashed on satellite, their show was always suited just fine to regular radio. They only got booted because of the crackdown on anything sexual after janet jackson intentionally showed her breast.

If that never happened, O&A would never have been taken off the air. XM was just them getting back in the spotlight to audition for regular radio and prove themselves. Take what, 2 years off and come back like nothing happened, that's how they got back on regular radio and that's exactly what they wanted from the get-go.

Though of course here in cleveland we're the only ones who don't get O&A in the morning, we get them 2-5 I guess. Makes sense to them because O&A ruled afternoons here before they were taken off the air, but it kind of screws up the way the deal is supposed to work and keeps my radio off in the mornings still...

Last edited:
I've tried to give O&A a try, but they're just too sloppily produced for me to care what they're doing. The mic levels are all over the place and they laugh at their own jokes way too much.

GeorgeLV said:
I've tried to give O&A a try, but they're just too sloppily produced for me to care what they're doing. The mic levels are all over the place and they laugh at their own jokes way too much.

Did you listen to what 5 mins of the show. Their studio is not even built. It is bare with no walls or ceiling that is why the audio sounds bad right now.

Also O&A had to take 2 years off cause CBS did not let them out of their contract. They have addressed the issue of the Sex for Sam deal and even had Bill Donohue on the show.

http://www.catholicleague.com/06press_releases/quarter 2/060420_O&A_CBS.htm

And like Howard does not like mainstream attention.:rolleyes:

O&A want to be like howard, they want to be the guys mentioned 20 years from now when the next big jock comes along. They want to be pop culture. I'm not really knocking them for it, I just wish they wouldn't try to hide it so much. They claim they're bad boys and are anti-authority, but it's just not the case.

I'm not trying to stoke any howard vs. O&A war so if that's how it comes off, i'll drop it. I used to listen to both shows. If you only like one, fine, but people shouldn't feel like they have to be loyal to one show if they liked both. Both shows have their good points and their bad points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)