O.o HWS reset turns my TY on!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Smwoodward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Alabama
Um yeah, so tonight I went in and pressed the reset button on my hopper (trying to get DLNA working), and as I walk away my TV turns on. o_O so I did it again, and the TV turned back on. So I took the remote out of the room and reset the hopper again, and my tv turned on. So now I took the batteries out of the remote just to make sure. Reset hopper, TV turned on again. I unhooked the other devices from TV, reset hopper and guess what! Yeah TV came on again. o_O the tv is an older hitachi 51f59A rear projection HDTV and it is hooked up via component. I don't remember the original hopper doing that.

Tonight I felt bad. I jumped on my wife several times for not turning the tv off when she came to bed. Now I realize that she did turn it off, but there was a software update that turned it back on.

I also tested to see if there might be an automatic on when signal is detected, I have my xbox hooked up via component also, and the TV will not turn on when turning it on.

I just checked the user manual for you TV set: http://www.hitachiserviceusa.com:8080/51F59A.pdf

I suspect you have the Auto Link feature enabled. Go to your TV set's Settings menu, select "Set The Inputs" and make sure that Auto Link is set to Off for the input used by Hopper. (See page 58 for details).

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

I just checked the user manual for you TV set: http://www.hitachiserviceusa.com:8080/51F59A.pdf

I suspect you have the Auto Link feature enabled. Go to your TV set's Settings menu, select "Set The Inputs" and make sure that Auto Link is set to Off for the input used by Hopper. (See page 58 for details).

That may be it, the Hopper is on input 3. I'll check that out when I get off work.

The Auto Link feature is supposed to turn your TV set on when you turn your source component (e.g. VCR) on.

So, what I think happens in your case, the Hopper reboots at night (as it is supposed to), resets the component output signal in the process and that wakes up your TV set. To prevent that, disable the Auto Link - it's not needed for Hopper.

Great observation. Good thought to remember with LG TV's too.....

The Auto Link feature is supposed to turn your TV set on when you turn your source component (e.g. VCR) on.

So, what I think happens in your case, the Hopper reboots at night (as it is supposed to), resets the component output signal in the process and that wakes up your TV set. To prevent that, disable the Auto Link - it's not needed for Hopper.

Haha. That was the problem. Lol

Glad I was able to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)