Status
Please reply by conversation.

polgyver

Creative Tinkerer
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 21, 2010
Toronto
I was always curious about obstacles placed before LNBF, and today tried to find out their influence on reception. 12 pictures follow.

IMG_1031.JPGIMG_1032.JPGIMG_1033.JPGIMG_1037.JPGIMG_1038.JPGIMG_1040.JPGIMG_1041.JPGIMG_1045.JPGIMG_1046.JPGIMG_1047.JPGIMG_1048.JPGIMG_1050.JPG

So, you could possibly get away with putting the dish behind your chicken pen fence, but forget about hiding it behind a clothes line!
And one more you can add-depending on his polarity, a large lizard or anole placed as you had the bolt, will attenuate 50% or more, lol.

a creeping vine grew up the pole and another the coax and finally reached the lnb on my motorized setup.
The vine blocked 72w reception one day but when the motor was moved to other sats, they were fine.

Did you try rotating that wire mesh plate in and out of polarity? Thought it would have more of an effect than that...

Did you try rotating that wire mesh plate in and out of polarity? Thought it would have more of an effect than that...
I did try it today - rotating the mesh does not make much difference. Got more pictures, but somehow can not upload them, as only the word "attachment" shows. Will try in next post

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    364.7 KB · Views: 159
Some more pictures - sorry, in the previous photo I should use Q instead of "S".
IMG_0003.JPGIMG_0004.JPGIMG_0005.JPGIMG_0006.JPGIMG_0007.JPGIMG_0008.JPGIMG_0009.JPGIMG_0010.JPGIMG_0011.JPGIMG_0013.JPGIMG_0015.JPG

In way if you think about it this gives you ideas about how to camouflage your dish what you can and cannot use.

Dan Rose

polgyver,

Thanks for all the experiments you have done and shared with the members. You are a very active minded person and I am sure that others have learned something from some of your presentations....Keep up the good work.

Now not changing the subject ( maybe a little), could you explain the mirrow placement on the dish from one of yor previous thread, I am trying to make a bracket to accomodate three LNBF for my 1.2M commercial dish, and this method might help me some.

Good job..Good experiment..
This help me to find the replacement for ideal cover "tap" of some LNB's already broken and Missing (ku band and C band) appears that dry materials is not affect a lot otherwise wet yes. interesting the picture that you are showing the clear plastic bottle with label "palmolive" reduce 3% but newspaper reduce 0% so I dont know if the difference could be the label or the plastic bottle..Would be interesting to see just the clear plastic in your experiment .. (Suppose to be Plastic is the ideal material due all LNB's has plastic on the Tap cover)..Another incognita that I have is what about the colors?? The color (of the tap or material) could reduce the signals??:confused:
Is clear that any wet material will reduce the signal the same effect when will lost signal due to rain on KU... I guess:rolleyes:... but If C band will not reduce signals due to rain if this experiment could be done on C band I think we will see not lost signal due any wet material ..I guess..:rolleyes:..
Too many hipotesis around your Post

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)