Occasional pixilation and sound distortion only on certian channels.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chicago Mike

Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
chicago
I’ve had this DIRECTV setup for several years now and have never had the issue. Now on certain channels 360, 242 and a few others, I get occasional bad pixilation and sound distortion.
DirecTV Philips/Tivo DSR704 setup (No HD). Dual LNB (no multiswitch) satellite 101 transponder: 4, 12 & 20 no signal all others signal strength at lease 93 and doesn’t appear to fluctuate. Nothing is blocking the dish.

I wanted to say maybe your dish moved slightly, but if all other signal levels are 93+, I am wrong there. Are all other channels, at least what you watch, still good? No other problems that you can see?

BTW< TPs 4, 12, and 20 along with 18, 26 and 28 are spot beams.

I would check all cables for loose or corroded connections.

How do the signals compare between tuners?

I unplugged the unit for 20 min and restarted. NO HELP.

I keep thinking that I have a signal strength problem since it only happens on certain channels. Could the signal meter on my unit be off? It shows that all transponders have are at least 93.

I keep thinking that I have a signal strength problem since it only happens on certain channels. Could the signal meter on my unit be off? It shows that all transponders have are at least 93.

If the rest of your channels are fine, I'm sure the signal meter is fine.
Anyone else have a guess/idea?

I'm having the same issue in Dayton, OH. Sat 101 is showing signals on transponders 4, 12, 20, and 28...zero's on everything else. My dish is clear of snow/ice and everything was working fine until 1500 eastern time

TRY THIS!!!
I was reading on another forum about an S-Video anomily on dual tuners so I unplugging the S-video connection and I gave it a try. As soon as I unplugged my S-Video output and switched to composite video my problem was fixed. It has been working fine for the last three weeks.
Tried hooking up the S-video connection again and I get pixilation. Unplugged the S-Video and switched to composite video and it works again! This seems to be a common problem. Don’t know why it works but it works.

Bump

I have the same problem on my local channels.

I will get noise distortion or my picture will go black for a few seconds.

There's been no problems with my equipment or connections. Happens even when the weather is clear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts