Odd 3GS Exchange Mail behavior

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
A few days ago, checking the mail on my iPhone 3GS yielded normal downloading behavior, but all the messages listed "This message has no content" or some such, and a date of 12/31/00. Well, I checked the settings and they were correct. And no one else remotely checking their mail has had this happen to them. Just one more quirk that has pushed me to the iPhone 5. Well, as I called up the mail earlier today to post the exact message, it just randomly started working again.

Anybody ever see anything like this or have any idea what happened?

I haven't seen such problem, but this could've been a glitch on the Exchange server side. Some temporary synchronization problem.

For just my phone, and no one else's? And lasting for days?

When I've seen this happen (quite a few times) I kill the mail app from the task switcher and launch it again, it resyncs and everything is fine.

Unless they've fixed the bug in iOS6, getting a new phone isn't going to magically make this go away.

navychop said:
A few days ago, checking the mail on my iPhone 3GS yielded normal downloading behavior, but all the messages listed "This message has no content" or some such, and a date of 12/31/00. Well, I checked the settings and they were correct. And no one else remotely checking their mail has had this happen to them. Just one more quirk that has pushed me to the iPhone 5. Well, as I called up the mail earlier today to post the exact message, it just randomly started working again.

Anybody ever see anything like this or have any idea what happened?

Hmm... The same strange thing happened on my iPhone 4 (not yet upgraded to iOS 6) this morning. Not sure what caused it, but I killed and restarted the Mail app and everything looks fine now. I'll keep an eye on it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)