Odd looking dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK Fred thanks. Lots of great info. If you try zooming on the motor label it comes in pretty clear. 37.1 ratio. Oh well...at least the sensor is installed. Feedhorn ready to slide a corotor II in, reed sensor already installed, I think you're right. I have saved myself alot of trouble on this one. I would have to imagine my latest find, and the one I may install, may be setup the same. Will start the removal of that one next week. But before I do, a week has passed on the perferated dish and the lady should have talked to her son by then, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. :D Appreciate the info.

If you try zooming on the motor label it comes in pretty clear. 37.1 ratio.

I have two problems with reading the label. :D

My 22" Mitsubishi Diamontron NF monitor is getting some age on it and is starting to darken up a bit, and my eyes are doing pretty much the same. :D

Don't worry about the 37:1 gear ratio. If you drill out that pin and replace it with a bolt, and use the remote on the VBox II to fine tune the sats when you set up, it will be dead on every time you hit the bird. :cool:

But if you just can't live with it, I'll give you directions to my house. :D You can send the motor/gearbox, or the whole dish and mount, it doesn't matter to me. :D

Fred

Don't worry about the 37:1 gear ratio. If you drill out that pin and replace it with a bolt, and use the remote on the VBox II to fine tune the sats when you set up, it will be dead on every time you hit the bird. :cool: Fred

Well I'll probably use the Toshiba to move the dish, but I will drill out the pin. :)

But if you just can't live with it, I'll give you directions to my house. :D You can send the motor/gearbox, or the whole dish and mount, it doesn't matter to me. :D

Yeah and I can also pay the shipping to you. :D

That Toshiba was highend in the late 80's, i saw it in several ads from Sat magazines back then.

But the Chaparral Monterey 95 was the king and a Uniden receiver i don't remember which model it was.

That Toshiba was highend in the late 80's, i saw it in several ads from Sat magazines back then.

Yeah well it looks like that Toshiba may be short a remote. Put new batteries in it and it doesnt respond to any buttons pushed. :( Maybe the IF sensor in the remote or in the receiver end. Dunno. Anyone know where I may find a replacement for this Toshiba remote? Pt # TRX-2220RN/23120225. The universal pt. # (rem48TVA) that I've seen doesnt really look like a replacement for the original. I've seem pics of it and I see no "east" or "west" or "C-sat/KU-sat" buttons for dish movement.

well several things to check , not that its uncommon for onew to go bad

if its a all in one type check to see if the SAT button is depressed (wasn't sure if it was a multi function remote)

also some of these units needed a small antenna/ coax hooked in the back for the remote. UHF i just tried my 4dtv and it didn't need it to function ...

check the battery connections.

also this site might have a replacement remote for the trx-2220 but you would have to call em

Last edited:
well several things to check , not that its uncommon for onew to go bad

Well this is a used one but the lady never mentioned wether it worked or not. :D

if its a all in one type check to see if the SAT button is depressed (wasn't sure if it was a multi function remote)

Tried that too. :)

also some of these units needed a small antenna/ coax hooked in the back for the remote. UHF i just tried my 4dtv and it didn't need it to function ...

OK mine does have the antenna in back of receiver.

check the battery connections.

Put new batteries in...still nada.

also this site might have a replacement remote for the trx-2220 but you would have to call em[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I will try that link to see what the price is. Cant see spending alot on a remote as Ebay currently has the entire setup new in box for $77. :)

Just my opinion here!!

If the remote doesn't work, the analog receiver won't do much for you in the way of setup and functionality. If a new remote costs more than $50.00, or a new analog costs $77.00, I think the money would be better spent on the VBox II. You could then sell the Coolsat and buy a Pansat 3500 or 2700 and get the setup going.

The reason I say that is that except for feeds, analog is quickly disappearing.

At some later point, if you still wanted an analog receiver, they can be had for shipping costs only. It doesn't matter if you have the Cadillac of receivers. Any analog will work to receive what's left out there. If you watch, you might even pick up a 4DTV cheap. Then it would be worth having.

Just my opinion, take it for what it is worth.

Fred

i would agree Fred for a lot of money it might be best to get a vbox
but you can still get a IRD for your system

the cost is 77 + S&H but it is a or best offer deal ( so probably take less)
this looks like the same person that has the Nextwave for 34.95 + 12 S&H ( takes $18) or has the Legacy for 59.95 + 16 S&H ( or make an offer)

all these seem to be new in the box

Mike also has a couple of new IRD's for $59 + S&H so options are out there

If the remote doesn't work, the analog receiver won't do much for you in the way of setup and functionality. If a new remote costs more than $50.00, or a new analog costs $77.00

Well, I would never spend 50 on a remote. What I meant was, if a remote costs 50 may as well buy new receiver.

At some later point, if you still wanted an analog receiver, they can be had for shipping costs only.

I'm not lucky enough to find a deal that good. :)

=gabshere;906717]i would agree Fred for a lot of money it might be best to get a vbox
but you can still get a IRD for your system

I would agree with that also. But when I consider(costwise) buying a v-box, pansat receiver, and corotorII, for now I may just leave the c-band lnb on the dish. Now in that senario, is it possible to slave the Coolsat and the analog as Al's link showed and use the equipment I currently have?

In my younger days it seemed I grasped these things easier. :D

Hey Fred, I finally found a second perferated Birdview today! I figured , this one is mine! Stopped and asked about it. I talked the lady who actually turned out to be the wife of a classmate of mine many years ago. She said they thought about getting rid of it...then... maybe not. She decided to make a flower bed around it and plans to plant vines that will "cover the whole dish". My knees got weak. But she said I could call her husband and talk to him. :rolleyes:

But she said I could call her husband and talk to him.

Now think about this scenario. He is an old classmate. You have to ask yourself, is he wanting to plant flower beds, and have something else to weed, and mow around, or is he more inclined to say take it, and we can finally plant grass there. :cool:

As far as lucky goes. Who is it that has found like 8 Birdviews?

Fred

lol if it comes down to it i could trade you one of my ird's for one of those birdviews lol
the two i found up here so far ...... no one wants to turn loose of them.

you should still be able to move the dish with the toshiba and just have the coolsat hooked up to it. don't know anout programing without a remote but right now i move my dish without preprogramed addresses i just count the clicks, and watch the signal level on my coolsat ( and pick a live TP for the sat i'm aiming at lol it works but it is a slower method.

i'm just moving the dish with my 920 i've not got any channels tuned in yet with it.probably help if i knew what i was doing when i hook up the motor lol i keep getting an actuator error for moving one way so i have to swap the m1 & m2 connections to move it back & forth.

Now think about this scenario. He is an old classmate. You have to ask yourself, is he wanting to plant flower beds, and have something else to weed, and mow around, or is he more inclined to say take it, and we can finally plant grass there. :cool:

Well yeah...thats the way sensible people like us would think. ;)

As far as lucky goes. Who is it that has found like 8 Birdviews?

You need to come out here with a big trailer, and we're gonna go cutting down some Birdviews! :D

The count stands; 7 solid- 2 perf.(found anouther solid with actuator arm). That actuator arm just doesnt look right on a Birdview. :)

Is it verified that 8.5 ft. is the biggest Birdview built? Because boy that perferated one today, for some reason sure looked bigger than the others. The feedhorn cover was different than any other I'd seen so far. It had more of an elongated shape. Wish I'd brought my camera.

Originally Posted by gabshere
lol if it comes down to it i could trade you one of my ird's for one of those birdviews lol

I could be persuaded to take that 920 off your hands in a trade.

well if i can't get it tuned in soon, i might just take up that offer :D

i'm only pointed at one satellite but i've never seen the dc light light up
is there a certain satellite , oh and i haven't updated the maps yet i guess i need to do that first. boy i need a vacation lol lol

well if i can't get it tuned in soon, i might just take up that offer :D

i'm only pointed at one satellite but i've never seen the dc light light up
is there a certain satellite , oh and i haven't updated the maps yet i guess i need to do that first. boy i need a vacation lol lol

Hey George, I'm sure someone here can help you with that problem. Hopefully it's not a defective unit. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)