Odd Operation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
I have "C" band on the Big Useful Device and "Ku" on the 1.2M Prodelin. It all works great. But......When the Ku is on any satellite for a day or two and not used, it, well, goes dead. An example is, lets say it was left on 101, the Pentagon Channel. Come back two days later and it shows 45 signal and zero quality. Sit there and wait and nothing happens. Goto Menu, Installation, Antenna Setup, and wait a few seconds and the meter jumps to S-88 Q-76. Exit and the channel plays.
What is making the equipement "goto sleep"?

RT

What receiver and motor are you using?
I have noticed that too on one of the azbox receivers. Might be an issue with either the switch or the motor. Sometimes switching TPs on the same satellite wakes it up too.
Kind of odd.

that happens to me with the azbox. that happens when i have it sleeping. i shut the system off manually and then reboot it to make it work. doesn't happen every time. charlie

Could be a hanging switch. Have had that issue before, and changing the switch solved it. Before replacing the switch, I'd often have to cycle power on the receiver.

It's too random and intermittent to diagnose properly... at least that is my observation. Process of elimination by changing out parts gets kind of expensive... Of course that is the same process the mechanics at the local car dealership get paid the big bux for! Of course the Diseqc switch is what I would consider the weakest link in the chain; the most likely part to fail, other than connection problems etc.. The setup that gives me the trouble has an old Pansat switch that came with the (previous) receiver. Who knows how old it is! Time for a replacement I think, all part of the very professional diagnostic process.
Wonder how well the WSI 1X4 switch holds up? The WS4120HD switch has 600mA current capability according to the specs in the web page. Might be a suitable replacement...

Could be a hanging switch. Have had that issue before, and changing the switch solved it. Before replacing the switch, I'd often have to cycle power on the receiver.
I'll give that a try when I find some time.

It's too random and intermittent to diagnose properly... at least that is my observation. Process of elimination by changing out parts gets kind of expensive... Of course that is the same process the mechanics at the local car dealership get paid the big bux for! Of course the Diseqc switch is what I would consider the weakest link in the chain; the most likely part to fail, other than connection problems etc.. The setup that gives me the trouble has an old Pansat switch that came with the (previous) receiver. Who knows how old it is! Time for a replacement I think, all part of the very professional diagnostic process.
Wonder how well the WSI 1X4 switch holds up? The WS4120HD switch has 600mA current capability according to the specs in the web page. Might be a suitable replacement...
I have to agree with that. I just have another switch to try.

RT.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts