Odd Problems with Model 4000..............

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
Hi I am having a very strange problem with my Model 4000 receiver. It is having strange authorization issues in that it will randomly drop my local Burlington VT channel from the local package 1 moment then later it will come back on for example I can try to tune to WCAX and it will not be there or even listed in the guide but the rest of the Burlington locals will be there and can tune to them no problem. Then later WCAX may all of a sudden be back but I'd lose WPTZ. This problem occurs randomly with no particular pattern.

First I thought it might have been a signal strength issue but I have plenty of signal on all satelites.

Here's another strange problem with the same receiver I'd be watching a channel does'nt matter which one (I have AT250 package with locals and superstations) and it would say it lost signal when in fact it has not I'd immediately go to signal strength screen and I'd have signals in the 90's and 100's

Any ideas??
Thanks
Bob N1WBD

Check signal on 110 transponder 23 for WCAX and WPTZ. According to Lyngsat, that's where those channels are at.

If you have another receiver, try putting it in place of the 4000 and see if it works ok. If it does, then your receiver is likely to blame. If it doesn't, then the cabling or LNB is to blame.
Next is to try swapping the 119 and 110 dual lnbs and see if the problem persists. If it resolves, then its possible the LNB is suspect. If it doesn't resolve, then try swapping the 119 and 110 wires at the switch and running the test again.

If none of the above works, then try running a test wire from the receiver to the switch and bypass your house wiring. If that doesn't work, then just go direct to the 110 LNB.

Finally, if you have to call a tech, make sure to write down which channels went down, for how long, and what time, and what transponder the screeen said it was searching for. This can aid in developing a pattern for what the problem is. As a tech, I hate these intermittent type of calls because they can be difficult to track down and sometimes they can take more than one visit to track down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts