Odd Signal Loss problem....SAT 119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dlhusk

Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
At about the same time each day we lose program signal on certain channels on Satellite 119. The two I watch mostly are 132 TBN (Turner Classic Movies)and 132 TBN (Trinity Broadcasting), there are others but all on Channels but all on 119

This is what we know:
1.) It is not weather.

2.) Not trees or foilage.

3.) Happens around 1-5PM in the afternoon.

4.) We have a dual LNB and my wife has a 500 reciever and I have a 301 and both are effected the same.

Can anyone help?

Thanks In Advance,
Danny

Press Menu twice in the remote and tell us the exact equipment you have. Example, DPP Twin, DP Dual, etc. Some people call the lnbs dual but sometimes they're actually Twin Lnbs.

Sounds like a bad LNB that's overheating. If you can reach the dish, pour some water on the lnb to see if you get your signal back. If the signal comes back, you'll need to replace the lnb or have Dish Network replace it.

The first picture is a DP Dual, the second one is a Twin.

Attachments

• dual-Lnbf.gif
    dual-Lnbf.gif
    24 KB · Views: 144
  • legacytwin.gif
    legacytwin.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 155
Randall;
Thanks for the reply and good info. Sounds like you may have it. The picture that you sent helps, we have the twin LNB. When it goes out I will try what you said with the water.

We do not have a contract with dish at present and all the equipment is paid for, so I will have to replace it myself (no problem).

Thanks again for the help.

Danny

I would just replace the lnb with a DP Twin and save your time troubleshooting. You could try what I suggested just to confirm. Just pour enough water to cool off the lnb and make sure water doesn't go inside the connections. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts