Odd transponder problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thinkdiff

Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Hey,

I personally installed a Dual-LNB round dish in an apartment in Berkeley,CA. The two outputs are hooked up to a HDVR2 running TiVo OS 6.2. I get 80+ (usually 90+) on almost all of the transponders except for 18,26, and 28. I have tried re-positioning the dish and every time I get those same transponders dead. Is my LNB just dead? Anything I could check? This prevents me from getting certain locals and other random channels. Not a huge problem,but it gets annoying.

Transponders 18, 26, and 28 are three of the six spotbeam transponders (4, 12, 18, 20, 26, 28) used to deliver local channels across the U.S. The ones you aren't getting could very well be used in Boston, Florida, Ohio, Texas, etc. You're not missing anything by not getting them. You should definitely be in the spotbeam area for your DMA's locals.

I'd still like to rectify the problem. Is there anything that would be preventing me from getting any signal at all on only these transponders?

thinkdiff,

You don't have a problem :)
Threse transponder do not receive a signal unless you are in the certian spotbeam areas.
For example, I have 2-3 teransponders that I have no signal on as well, more than likely different ones too.
Like the last post said your not missing anything from them.

Jimbo

See http://www.tivofan.com/directv/channels.html

This hasn't been updated in nearly two years but, to the extent it's still accurate, it indicates that there's nothing on those transponders intended for the Bay Area.

Incidentally, I'm a couple hundred miles south of you in Santa Maria, CA. I just checked and I also get no signal at all on transponder 26 at the 101 position. I do get good signals on 18 and 28, but that's probably because there is content there for LA and I'm not too far north of there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)