OETA Problems?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
Is anyone else having problems with OETA? I used to receive it at around 70% rock solid. But lately (within the last month or so), sometimes I can receive it, sometimes I can't (no signal at all). I'm using an X2 and a GeoSatPro 90cm dish with a dual output LNBF. I seem to have no problem with the other channels on 125W i.e, PBS, Montanna PBS, etc.

Been just fine here on a GEOSATpro 1.2M.

raining here - bouncing about 49-65% on microHD. Picture good. 1.2 meter geosat.

Is anyone else having problems with OETA? I used to receive it at around 70% rock solid. But lately (within the last month or so), sometimes I can receive it, sometimes I can't (no signal at all). I'm using an X2 and a GeoSatPro 90cm dish with a dual output LNBF. I seem to have no problem with the other channels on 125W i.e, PBS, Montanna PBS, etc.
We usually watch LPB on 87W so haven't checked 125W for a while but yes, same here using 90cm Fortec Star and Amiko Mini HD SE. We are still getting Montana and other PBS pretty good but OETA is missing tonight. Gonna upgrade to a PLL LNB before winter so I will see if that makes a difference but guessing I should get a bigger dish.

I'm getting OETA (and Montana PBS) at a quality of 74 on the A3 and NanoHD. The other PBS stations (Create, World, Vme) are at a quality of 84-85 on both receivers. These are the same readings I usually get.

This is on a fixed dish, a 1m Fortec with a GEOSATpro SL2PLL lnb that feeds a WNC SWA-48 powered switch.

Ernie

Yes, OETA has been a recent problem for me, as well. Never had a problem with it before, either. Checking my signal notes, for the last two years or so, it has always been in the mid to high 70's on the AZBox. Recently, it has never been above the mid 50's, which is just above pixelation/complete loss level. About a week ago it was more AWOL than in, but in the last few days it has been more stable, but still in the mid 50's at best. Also checked my dish (push/pull method) and it is locked in the sweet spot.

I purchased a 90cm GeoSat Pro dish just to get PBS transponders on 125! About 6 months ago OETA signal went below the noise level but can get all the others. Go figure? I use the S1PLL LNB. Even tried to repeak the dish but still no joy.

Our household is a regular for OETA and we haven't experienced reception issues since install in July, apart from large thunderstorms with torrential downpours. This is with a fixed/dedicated 1.2m Patriot, Invacom SNH-031 LNBF and Manhatan RS-1933 receiver. I just checked the receiver at posting and it is about 75%, which is actually a bit higher than the the regular 70%.

Like others, I was receiving OETA just fine on a 90 cm dish just fine until recently. No amount of peaking will now bring it above 20% SQ on the MicroHD, even though Montana is in the 50s.

I installed a fixed 1.2 m Channel Master dish close to the 90 cm, with the same LNB, and now OETA is a steady 70% SQ (and Montana is around 80% on this dish). Checking back to the 90 cm still shows OETA at 0 to 20%.

What a difference 30 cm makes!

I have been getting a perfect picture until 3 days ago. Chances are it's the weather for me but I still get the other satellites. I don't get anything on 125 at this time

I have been getting a perfect picture until 3 days ago. Chances are it's the weather for me but I still get the other satellites. I don't get anything on 125 at this time
125W off and on here today (overcast and raining at times) - No OETA though even in good weather here. Gonna try a PLL LNB but think I need a bigger dish after whatever they did to the signal.:rolleyes:

I don't think I ever locked OETA on 125. I have been having issues with the other channels on and off over the past week or so.

One thing I forgot in my post above, at first, even though the SQ was good, the OETA picture was flashing on and off. I re-scanned the transponder, and that fixed it. Maybe they changed something in the signal characteristics, and re-scanning is necessary for those having problems?

The local pbs stations near me seem to be having issues. The pictures on both 24.1 and 57.1 were iffy, so I switched to the cable versions and they were still blocky and occasionally cutting out.

The PLL lnb definitely made a difference for me. Before the pll I could barely get Montana PBS. OETA would lock but wasn't stable. I tried the Avenger PLL321-S2 and got the channels but needed a standard lnb to use with my switch setup. That's why I have the GEOSATpro SL2PLL on that 1m dish. It works well and I rarely have any problems with the signal quality.

Ernie

Thank you for all of your comments. I certainly would like to have a larger dish. At my location here on the West Coast, 90cm seems a little marginal for some TP's. I'd like to upgrade from 90cm to 1.2m. Maybe, I'll have to put that one on the Christmas list. I like OETA, sometimes they break off from PBS to show movies and local stuff that I find interesting. I watched OETA last night without any problems (signal strength 61% on the X2). My LNBF is a dual output GeosatPro Bullet into a modified 4x8 WNC switch.

Pbs is also on 103w c band. I don't get 125w pbs I would like to but can't but I do get lpb on 87w. Its nice to have with pbs 39 in indiana.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts