# of tuners and phone lines?

DishWorks222

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
I've been reading on this subject here and haven't found a answer regarding the dual tuners.

I have a customer that has the DHA4 package plus a added 942 he bought. Under the DHA lease he has a 522 and (2) 311's. The 311's are in spare bedrooms. The 522 is in the master bed and TV2 is in the master bath (LOL). The 942 is of course in the living room used in single mode. All the above receivers are connected to a phone line.

Heres the question, he is wanting to buy a 625 to replace his 522 in the master bed and bath but wants to keep the 522 and put in a location used single mode. It's going to be impossible to get a phone line to this location because it's a solid concert basement that has been converted into a gaming type room. It has a dual RG6 coax going into the room from the upstairs attic that i can tie into his cascaded DP34's. So in all reality its ready for the 522 single user mode but it can not have a phone line. Will this fly with E* or is it going to be to many tuners/receivers to let this 522 slide without a land line?

The way i count it he will have 5 receivers and i know the magic number is 6, but in reality he'll have 2 single tuners (311's) and 3 duals (942,625,522) making a grand total of 8 tuners altogether. Does E* count receivers or tuners in this case?

Any and all input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

asa far as i know they count recievers
i have 7 recievers 10 tuners total
625 522 721 3 7200 501
adding seventh reciever was a huge pain, days on the phone with dish executive offices

Yes, Dish counts receivers...not tuners.

As far as the issue of the phone, he will get charged the $4.95 fee unless it's plugged in. If he really doesn't want to get gigged for the fee, why not just buy a set of wireless phone jacks. They only cost $40

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts