Off air signal on same cable as dish signal?

mike_ayu

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
I have a wiring challenge in my TV room with only a single coax cable running to it (and no access under the wall and a vaulted ceiling with almost impossible access to get to.) I'm using the single coax running to the room to carry the dish signal (which is split at the receiver to support the dual tuners in the 942 box)

I have a dish1000 and a second dish (as I recall, they said I needed it to get the voom channels, although I saw some threads here that said that wasn't the case, but they really wanted to give me two dish's...) These are both fed into 2 cables run into the house to a wiring box where they are fed to the two rooms with TVs. The whole setup was new in October of 2006, so should all be pretty new equipment.

I'd reallly like to add an in-attic off air HD antenna and send the singal to the 942 in the room with only one cable. Is it possible to combine the antenna signal with the dish signal at the wiring box and then seperate right before the receiver? I'm assuming I'd have to use special combiners and splitters that handle the correct passing and blocking of DC power, but spending a little money on those would be much preferable to the effort it will take to run another coax cable to the room.

thanks,
Mike

yes you can do it get a pair of diplexers ( preferably from dish office ). because I'm not sure how other ones will work with other ones.

We use various brands of diplexers. As long as they are rated to at least 2150MHz, you'll be fine.

Just make sure that the diplexers are the "inside" devices on the wire. As in:

DPP-Sep ===>Diplexer===>Diplexer===>DPP44

I assume you have a DPP44 because you said you have a D1000 PLUS another dish, so that's a 4 bird configuration. You MIGHT have a DP34/DP21 cascade instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)