off-air tuner on HR-20

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

steecoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Why would tuner one be showing a decent signal & tuner 2 have little to no signal? There's only one input & it is not run with swm signal, it's a seperate cable. Am I missing something?

That is odd. I suppose the second tuner could be weaker. I've never noticed any difference when checking signal strength with my HR20.

The HR20 physically has two tuners inside, with a cable hooked to each running off the one input. It is a soldered cable that looks similiar to an RCA jack. Anyhow, only reason I can think of for that to happed is the cable has come loose or the second tuner is failing.

I think you are ok to take the cover off and check the cable. The HR20 is no longer being taken back by Directv when disconnected.

The HR20 physically has two tuners inside, with a cable hooked to each running off the one input. It is a soldered cable that looks similiar to an RCA jack. Anyhow, only reason I can think of for that to happed is the cable has come loose or the second tuner is failing.

I think you are ok to take the cover off and check the cable. The HR20 is no longer being taken back by Directv when disconnected.
That makes sense. I may have to look at that. (Covers already been off to put a two TB drive inside)

Because of the way the two tuners are connected, the performance will not be identical. If the signals are already low, the second tuner can be lower. Also the performance when there is multipath can be different. What signal strength are you seeing on a typical station?

Because of the way the two tuners are connected, the performance will not be identical. If the signals are already low, the second tuner can be lower. Also the performance when there is multipath can be different. What signal strength are you seeing on a typical station?

There's 3 (& a sub for each) main channels that I have the antenna aimed for & usually had decent signals in the 80s +/- on both tuners. The last few days, I noticed I'd be searching for signal on the 2 out of the 3 one time & have a fine picture the next. So when I check the signal heres what I see: Channel 3.1 & 3.2 = 78 tuner one, 0 tuner two, Channel 8.1 & 8.2 = 69 tuner one, 0 tuner 2, Channel 17.1 & 17.2 = 67 tuner one, 43 tuner two. Seems strange fo me. In the past I had always noticed that the tuners were never exactly even, but were quite similar...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)