Off to Ethiopia to install Dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
What a great experience! I commend you for teaching them to self install. The legacy of your trip will hopefully result in many more systems to be installed!

Welcome home to a warm shower and comfy bed!

Amazing pictures! (And NICE hotel!) ;) Hopefully those were not the stairs you needed to use to get to your room.

Thats the true adventure of a SatelliteGuys!

Welcome Back - - - Glad all went well

I'm curious if you don't mind telling - - - what was something you learned that you did not know before going? (not necessarily about the installs)

I'm curious if you don't mind telling - - - what was something you learned that you did not know before going? (not necessarily about the installs)
People need a hand UP more than a hand out.

"Jed" has a degree in computer science - very smart, quick study, taught me patience, every thing was "no problem". Jed is on the left in the second picture.

I hired a day worker to dig trenches with pick and shovel, $1.10 per day! Tipped him $1.50. Very happy hard working man.

A college grad earns about $200 per month. Fuel is expensive so people walk a lot.

I learned that they want to learn and yet can be happy with very little.
Bob

What a great experience. I have traveled some in Asia and although not always the most comfortable, I still enjoy it alot. The bulk of the people I meet have always been very nice, eager to communicate, and always ready with a helping hand if needed.

Someone made a comment early on about spending time in various cities and listed cities he had traveled through, reminded me of Tokyo, I have been through Narita 15 times. One of these days, I will spend at least a night.........

Congrats on a successful trip!

That was an unexpected choice. Hope you taught Jed some diseqc switching so he can add other satellites in the future.
These are Adventist schools and Hospital as well as churches - so we went to the satellite where the Adventist programming is. Jed will learn about switches I am sure.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts