OFFICAL: I am STAYING with DISH Network thread

That's never worked for me with D*. They've tried to charge me for not returning my owned equipment on many occasions over the years. It's taken many hours over the phone to straighten out their messes. I don't know if Dish purposely tries to cheat you like D*, but I'm not taking any chances. D* will lie to you on the phone and say you owe nothing and then surprise you with thousands in bogus ETF's and non-return fees. Best of luck to you when you cancel D*. Watch your bill very carefully.

I was anticipating a bunch of bogus charges so I changed my credit card number. They don't have it any more. And the contract was signed by someone else probably 7 years ago.

Anybody that has your credit card number can start charging things arbitrarily and the only way you can stop them is to change CC numbers. I use Paypal whenever possible because you have to approve every charge.

I was with Directv up until a few years ago when I switched to Dish. I was happy with them but Dish started to carry a channel on Sirius that I always listen to and it saved me around $150 a year in Sirius subscription fees. When I got use to the equipment, I found I liked the DVR and receivers better than Directv's units. Picture quality and programming was not a factor. Dish has been a pain to deal with from time to time but overall I don't see them better or worse than Directv. Our cable here in the sticks where I live does not even have HD capability yet so they are pretty much out. I will stay with Dish for the foreseeable future.

Still hanging with Dish. Haven't missed FSN's one little bit. Haven't missed FX one little bit. Haven't missed Nat Geo one little bit. And haven't even turned over to Fox in over a week, so looks like I won't be missing it either.
Let them go Dish! Stand Tall against Murdoch and his henchmen!

I have had DISH since 1999 when I installed all the equipment myself. All during these past 11 years I've had nothing but very positive experiences with them. I was a disgruntled DirecTV user for three years previous. You can have my DISH when you ply the remote out of my cold dead hands.

There is no advantage to owning.

Except that you can turn it on and off without sending your hardware back, correct? What happens if you don't DIY, turn off Dish without paying the $5/month charge, send the "leased" stuff back, and want to start up again?

...There is no advantage to owning.

Except, by owning, I've never been in a commitment in the 12 or 13 years I've been with E*, and I can sell my stuff whenever I want something different, and have done that several times over the years. Commitments are fine, I guess, but I like to keep my options open.

Same here. I own all my receivers on all 3 of my DISH accounts: first account mine, second account for parents,third account for my aunt. I can trade them in for credit on a new receiver when ever I want to. Over the last decade I have done this on about all my receivers going back to the 721 pvrs. I just swapped out my 922 for a new 722k from the online retailer I bought it from. NO Cost to me. I can drop my account if I want to or pause it and no commitment. But the funniest thing is , that knowing I have no commitment , I still stay with DISH after 14 years . I guess it is about options.

It's about getting the best for the lowest price for me, bottom line! I was a direct subscriber for many years up until just a few months ago. I had dish where I used to live years ago (landlord included it) and dislike the occasional dropping of channels (my one and only beef with Dish). After moving I was a direct subscriber for many years and just can't believe how much money I threw down the tube.

The only thing I will miss is MLB extra innings that I had last season, but I can still get the games over the net for half the cost of what Direct charges so I will probably get them and play them on my TV via my PS3. Over all I have an HD DVR that is a lot better than anything that Direct has and I get all the same channels that I used to watch on direct, including all of my locals in HD.

I don't plan on ever going back to anything else. Cable is a thing of the past as far as I am concerned and I seriously doubt I will ever live to see the internet completely surpass TV for viewing television. It is simply because we are in a "Gotta have it now!" society when it comes to entertainment and almost all networks wait for at least a day after airing before posting to the net (and you still have to wait at least a few hours for torrents). One button DVR recording is just so easy to use that even a chimp could learn to use it, so you don't need to know about how to use a computer. Plus competition shows are more interactive than ever (where you can vote for a winner) and I just don't see those going exclusively to the web anytime soon, if ever. Plus add revenue is still probably a bit better on TV than on the internet despite higher DVR use and money is what the industry will follow over anything else.

Speaking about commercials, you still can't completely jump over commercials with the direct DVRs like you can with the dish DVRs (you have to still fast forward through them using their "skip" buttons that only really fast forward through with a certain number of button presses). Their way of skipping commercials is very quick, but still not as quick as Dish Networks! With dish you don't even have to look at them. So Awesome.

Staying with them, been with them about 13 years - some ups and downs (got pbs in hd, lost fx for a while) , we watch a lot of tv record at least 3 hours every night, DVR best device ever invented for TV viewers and dishes 622/722 does all i want (watch one record another etc etc )

Only major wish - not a dish thing, but whilst im here - more British TV - BBC America is a bit limited - would like a BBC - Comedy Channel - Only fools and Horses, porridge, cold feet, men behaving badly and oh - No bleeping out every 3rd word

Count me as one of the sheep. I've been with Dish for about 10 years, have owned/leased several different receivers and DVRs, changed programming numerous times, moved (physically moved) several times and other than having difficulty with “Bob’s” thick accent a few times I have not experienced any bad situations.

Count me as one of the sheep. I've been with Dish for about 10 years, have owned/leased several different receivers and DVRs, changed programming numerous times, moved (physically moved) several times and other than having difficulty with “Bob’s” thick accent a few times I have not experienced any bad situations.

Yes, old "Bob",( More like Allabob), used to get to me too. Kind of like the guy named "Peggy" in those commercials.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts