Offical Release notes for the 921,721,522/625

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
DP921

L274: L2.74 for the 921 contains support for purchase history display filtering and improved local channel mapdown display for unsubscribed but available local channels.
EPG enhancements
Closed Caption enhancements
Stuck aspect Ratio fix
Corrections for Timer/Recordings & DVR menus issues
Performance improvements
Video enhancements
User Interface enhancements
Software Download improvements

DP 522/625

L292: Various stability fixes, PocketDISH support, browse to PIP feature (while in browse, the user can bring up a PIP window for the channel browse is focused on), TV1/TV2 display on screen saver, 'Movies and More' (e.g. VOD) enhancements for DVR trick modes, loading 'Movies and More' while DVR recording in progress message, jump to live mode fix if skip back once from live

DP 721

L178: Alt. audio menu updates, * and # phone prefix support in telephone setup menu, 4xFF, skip back, and slow motion, CD audio skip back enhancements, new DISH logo, Echo X prep., blackout pop-up robustness changes, checkswitch robustness changes, season ticket sports free preview fix

Last edited:
Good to see that the 921 still doesn't have Dish Home.

I really wish that they would embellish on the term "enhancements".

browse to PIP feature (while in browse, the user can bring up a PIP window for the channel browse is focused on)

How can we do this? Does it change the PIP channel to the one you select in browse mode a certain way so that you can browse other channels without having to change the channel that your on now in case you still want to rewind it or does it go to the channel that you select in browse mode to the other tuner by itself if you have the PIP up?

Do we have release notes for L3.55 for the ViP622? It's supossed to begin spooling today.

03/09/2006: 1512 Software Version L3.55 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Friday, March 10th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L3.55 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L3.55 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

Pocketdish support for 522

I sure hope that i am reading this correctly; Dish did say that the first week in march is when we can expect the USB support for pocketdish. I can't wait...I haven't started fully geeking out about the pocketdish until I can use usb transfer. I just hope that it actually happens this time instead the last updates rumored to contain pocketdish support in which we saw nothing change from a pocketdish perspective. I will be hungr:hungrily awaiting any updates anyone has on the subject, :hungry:

Scott Greczkowski said:
The PocketDish update for the 522 went out 2 weeks ago, I know a bunch of people using it. :)
It is very slow.

Actual transfer time for a 2 hour recording was 1 hour 45 min.

Really?? How do you get it to take? Cause I have still have L291 and every time i Put the USB cable into the pocketdish, My receiver resets and I just keeps on resetting. So All I get is a snowy screen and the green tv1 light. If anyone knows how to do this or a post or a thread i could get the answer I would be very greatful.

My 921 has loaded the new software and it has made a lot of difference in restoring the EPG and the slow remote response that had shown up the last week or so. Also, it might be my imagination, but it looks like the SD picture quality has improved. Seems like the colors are more vivid and the overall picture is sharper.

Can other 921 users see that, or am I just still trying to justify my $600 dollar investment?

Also, used 921's are going for close to $300 on EBay. Hope they hold their value until the end of the month when my 622 is scheduled to be installed.

522 Update

Hmmm..I still have the 522 which I bought/rented from Dish. I actually did the Dish n Up thing with the 522...used the 522 for about 6 months with no contracts...didnt like the closed captioning bug that 522 is/was famous for, so called dish and they said they would send out a box for the 522...its been a year plus...still no box..so keepin the 522 until I decide to re-hook it up.

Anyways....Im surprised the 921 got the closed captioning enhancements...but not the 522? That suxs big time. I went through a million techs on the phone tryin to get my closed captioning fix, and they finally admitted it was a software thing on their end, so I cancelled the 522 and went back to my old trusty 501. Will stay with 501 until which time the 522 spools the closed captioning fix, and it is verifiable that it DOES work. I liked the 522 EPG and NBR. Groan.......

Roland

Dodge Ram Nut said:
Will stay with 501 until which time the 522 spools the closed captioning fix, and it is verifiable that it DOES work. I liked the 522 EPG and NBR. Groan.......

Roland
The CC problem that the 522 had has been fixed for a very long time.

n0qcu said:
The CC problem that the 522 had has been fixed for a very long time.

hmm..I do not think that it has been fixed at all. My father in law...he has a 522 himself and every time we go over to his house (he lives way out in the waaaaahhoo boonies) and I turn on the closed captioning...and make sure the 522 is set up correctly...the closed captioning is still doing the same garbled thing it has always been doing. Might I ask where you got your info? If it is fixed...and I see that quite a bit of people say it is fixed and I see with my own 2 eyes..Ill jump to 522 immediately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)