Official authorized Dish retailers?

antdude

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
An Ant Farm
There's little to no benefit in going with them other than the gift card offers. They are national resellers -- not retailers -- as I understand. You'll place an order with them and they'll tell Dish to come install it. They are not "local retailers" who you can deal with for installation, support, upgrades, etc.

If you want to get Dish and install properly with full info as to what you will and will not get, contact Dish and not anyone listed as a "retailer". Too many posts here with those thinking they are dealing with Dish and simply are not. IMHO.

Thank you for the quick replies/responses. So skip those third parties and go to Direct directly then. :)

I see Dish has a $100 Amazon gift card on its own: DISH Network ...

It seems like you keep looking for non direct ways to possibly get Dish, emailing and asking about third party resellers. I do understand asking about the flyers, but the answer will be the same everytime you ask. Go through a DIRT team member for the best most accurate information and instillation.
And if you want Direct TV, why ask about Dish?

If you want to get Dish and install properly with full info as to what you will and will not get, contact Dish and not anyone listed as a "retailer". Too many posts here with those thinking they are dealing with Dish and simply are not. IMHO.

Hey, do not go throwing all retailers under the bus just because there are a few "hacks" out there.
Our company has been in business for over 15 years and we have a reputation to stand up to.
We install both dish and direct and provide other services such as home theater, whole home audio, security, cctv and much more
Retailers are way more likely to take the extra time to get it done right were as the dish guys are up against strict and tight time schedules
If I install it I service it and not in a week or two, I can get there the same or the next day and will work late hrs if necessary
with dish well roll the dice ..you could get someone just out of training working on your stuff (and with their rollover because of low pay you probably will)
I'm pretty sure I'm one of the highest paid installers around (from what I have seen on here and in want adds) and that means I'm not going anywhere else anytime soon.

do your homework I can only vouch for the company I install for but we are not the only ones out there. that's for sure

I got my local retailer from the Dish Authorized Retailer list. I'll let you know on Monday how the installation goes,but so far they set up my Dish account & I was able to pay my first month upfront online(although,because they offered no way for me to pay THEM online,they were expecting me to give my credit/debit card information over the phone to them to pay my first months programing for me,which I wasn't going to do,or to go to the local radio Shack & pay there,then give them the payment confirmation number).

hudgreen said:
Hey, do not go throwing all retailers under the bus just because there are a few "hacks" out there.
Our company has been in business for over 15 years and we have a reputation to stand up to.
We install both dish and direct and provide other services such as home theater, whole home audio, security, cctv and much more
Retailers are way more likely to take the extra time to get it done right were as the dish guys are up against strict and tight time schedules
If I install it I service it and not in a week or two, I can get there the same or the next day and will work late hrs if necessary
with dish well roll the dice ..you could get someone just out of training working on your stuff (and with their rollover because of low pay you probably will)
I'm pretty sure I'm one of the highest paid installers around (from what I have seen on here and in want adds) and that means I'm not going anywhere else anytime soon.

do your homework I can only vouch for the company I install for but we are not the only ones out there. that's for sure

I agree...an established local retailer has a lot more to loose if they don't do a good job. Notice I said established....mine has been in the business for 25+ years, been installing sat systems long before Dish and Direct came on the scene.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

I agree...an established local retailer has a lot more to loose if they don't do a good job. Notice I said established....mine has been in the business for 25+ years, been installing sat systems long before Dish and Direct came on the scene.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

There ya go... That is THE answer!

Because I am researching on who is the best cheapest TV services for my upcoming home (a few months).

The is a huge difference between Sales Partners and Local Retailers. There are a lot of areas where DISH does not install and we rely on local retailers to service those areas. It also helps consumers find and utilize local merchants. It is always best to shop around for the best deal and the Amazon offer here is a DISH promotion when you sign up on the web using the link on the site. Good Luck and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Not saying you are or aren't. I started with a local retailer and he was very good. He fell ill and died several years ago and I have yet to find one as good as he. I have been dealing with Dish directly since and when Dish cannot do something, I wind up being referred to someone at least an hour away and they mostly do not want to deal with me, I live in a extremely wooded area and have severely limited LOS. I usually windup doing my own work when Dish cannot. Probably my frustrations bubbling over a bit.

Because I am researching on who is the best cheapest TV services for my upcoming home (a few months).

Directv by far has the biggest bang for the buck as far as a new customer is concerned, at least for 2 yrs. Depending on equipment & programming the 2 providers will be fairly close in price. Directv just had a price increase, so you will be good for another year in that regards. Dish hasn't had 1 in a while & expect a doozy of an increase next year this time. The history channel, ESPN, hallmark or whatever is the same stuff regardless of who you get it from. In my opinion a person is better off to get it from the cheapest source they can, if that means Dish for 2 years, Directv for 2 years, cable, fios, u verse or whoever. I fully 100% encourage churn to the cheapest provider. New customers get the best deals...............& it also encourages the very principles this country was founded on.

Someone seems to dislike retailers. retailers are local and offer the same thing as Dish. I good retailer will do just as good or better install because if not they get charge backs. If you the customer has a problem with your system and retailer will get to you sooner and fix your problem then Dish.

Last edited:
Directv by far has the biggest bang for the buck as far as a new customer is concerned, at least for 2 yrs. Depending on equipment & programming the 2 providers will be fairly close in price. Directv just had a price increase, so you will be good for another year in that regards. Dish hasn't had 1 in a while & expect a doozy of an increase next year this time. The history channel, ESPN, hallmark or whatever is the same stuff regardless of who you get it from. In my opinion a person is better off to get it from the cheapest source they can, if that means Dish for 2 years, Directv for 2 years, cable, fios, u verse or whoever. I fully 100% encourage churn to the cheapest provider. New customers get the best deals...............& it also encourages the very principles this country was founded on.
This is what I have written down as notes from my research. Please note my family currently has four old CRT TVs (we will get HDTVs later on when the old ones die/have problems).

--

Time Warner Cable (one bill and company):

$52.99 (regular Internet package)
$24.50 (local broadcast TV)
$19.99 (whole house HD (backward compatible with 4 CRT TVs) DVR rental
$43 ($10 + $33 ($11 extra for each additional) = 4 HD Box Receivers for 4 TVs
$49.99 for installation charge

Total = $140.48 ($87.49 per month for TV service)

Price Details: http://www.timewarnerla.com/pricingguides/PDFs_2012/2008_PL-0112.pdf

--

Dish (cheapest TV service and already have a Dish and coax cables from previous house owners):

Welcome Pack (no HD channels like Family Pack) -- DISH - Entertainment - Packages - Welcome Pack
DISH Network for a $100 Amazon gift card (expires on 5/20/2012). 04AMZN for the code.

$14.99 (local broadcast channels + 40 extra; not shown when online ordering [have to ask for it and its difference would be credited with an active account])
$28 = Receiver ($14 (two TVs) + $14 (2 TVs due to $7 for each extra TV))
$6 = DVR Service
$6 for equipment protection plan
$10 for HD addon (for future HDTVs whenever that is)
Free installation.

Total = $54.99(no Chinese and HD)-$64.99(HD) per month

--

DirecTV (two years contract):

Entertainment Package (140+ channels) -- English Packages - DIRECTV :
$54.99 regular price per month after its promotion.
$29.99 per month promotion for a year with a 2 years contract.
$5.99 protection plan
Includes free 1 HD DVR + 3 HD receivers (advanced receiver service; $99 for another if needed), and 4,000+ VoD access.
Free installation.
International TV Channels | Watch International TV Shows Available on DIRECTV for international channels ($19.99 to $39.99)

Total = $60.98 per month after promotion.

--

I hope Dish one is correct and really the cheapest of all three. Please kindly let me know if I missed something and/or have something incorrect. :) Also, there's no FIOS on this Verizon area. :(

You will not get on dish dha24 with the welcome pack & get free install with equipment.

Dish (cheapest TV service and already have a Dish and coax cables from previous house owners):

Welcome Pack (no HD channels like Family Pack) -- DISH - Entertainment - Packages - Welcome Pack
DISH Network for a $100 Amazon gift card (expires on 5/20/2012). 04AMZN for the code.

$14.99 (local broadcast channels + 40 extra; not shown when online ordering [have to ask for it and its difference would be credited with an active account])
$28 = Receiver ($14 (two TVs) + $14 (2 TVs due to $7 for each extra TV))
$6 = DVR Service
$6 for equipment protection plan
$10 for HD addon (for future HDTVs whenever that is)
Free installation.

Total = $54.99(no Chinese and HD)-$64.99(HD) per month-
So on this one the receiver fees are a little off. The first receiver is included in the programming package price and can work two TV's in SD. It would be:
$14.00 for the additional (2) TVs with non-DVR or $17.00 the addtional (2) TVs with DVR.
$6.00 Protection Plan is optional and will be at no charge for first 4 months.
$10.00 for HD add on in the furture can be waived with HD free for life (Credit Card Autopay & Paperless billing) or a one time $99.00 fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)