Official FCC Timeclock-- Echostar's purchase of Cablevision's/Voom's Satellite

E* would control 30 of 32 transponders if this deal goes through? I admit that this is an interesting choice of words...

If memory serves me correctly, there are two unlicensed transponders at 61.5. Dominion (Sky Angel) holds 8 transponder licenses. Granted, Dominion has sublicensed 6 transponders back to E*. So if E* acquired the Rainbow licenses, I guess they would control 30 transponders.

But couldn't Dominion at any time ask E* for their transponders back? So does E* really control Dominion's 6?

Wouldn't it be more correct to say that E* would own 24 of 32 transponders at 61.5. Of course not for them, they don't want E* to get the licenses...

And please forgive me if my facts are wrong here, I am going solely on memory.

jdmcs said:
E* would control 30 of 32 transponders if this deal goes through? I admit that this is an interesting choice of words...

If memory serves me correctly, there are two unlicensed transponders at 61.5. Dominion (Sky Angel) holds 8 transponder licenses. Granted, Dominion has sublicensed 6 transponders back to E*. So if E* acquired the Rainbow licenses, I guess they would control 30 transponders.

But couldn't Dominion at any time ask E* for their transponders back? So does E* really control Dominion's 6?

Wouldn't it be more correct to say that E* would own 24 of 32 transponders at 61.5. Of course not for them, they don't want E* to get the licenses...

And please forgive me if my facts are wrong here, I am going solely on memory.

Sure,

Dominion could ask for their transponders back, but Dominion doesn't have a satellite at 61.5 or the Hundreds of Millions of Dollars to build, launch a satellite, or the required uplink facility.

So it seems VERY unlikely that this would happen, not to mention Dominion really doesn't need the 6 transponders that are leased back to Dish. The lease back compensates Dish for the use of in Orbit hardware as well as the related costs of satellite station keeping. This a great deal for dominion as they are NOT required to SINK vast amounts of Capital into a Satellite as well as the rest of the related costs. All this deal costs Dominion is the use of 6 transponders they do NOT need to provide their service.

John

Well FCC is the Zeus over everything so they are going to have final say on everything. But just wondering when will Dish start useing the voom bird for Dish Customers.

If you are not aware today is the day that the "Oppositions to Petitions to Deny and Comments" are due at the FCC. Look for Echostar's & Cablevision's official documents to appear to the objections raised by Dolan's original filing to appear. CV and E* will also respond to the publics' comments; many of whom were SatGuys members.

The FCC has finally posted: Rainbow DBS and Echostar opposition to Voom HD LLC's petition to deny the Rainbow 1 transfer.

This document can be read directly from this link: http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6517515170

Or you can get it off of the Timeline page:
http://www.fcc.gov/transaction/echostar-rainbow.html

Today (Wednesday April 13) is DAY 47 on the timeline.

The next major milestone is DAY 52 (Monday April 18) This is when we will see if VOOM LLC, and the other parties involved will respond to the oppositions raised by Echostar and Cablevision.

Also correct me if I am wrong but isn't April 18th the day when Dolan elects new boad members. He could still reply with a brand new board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts