Official Holiday Party Giveaway Rules

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Happy Holidays From SatelliteGuys.US!

This year’s holiday party is going to be a little more festive, as we not only celebrating the holidays, but we are also celebrating the fact that soon we will soon be welcoming our 100,000th registered member!

Because of this amazing milestone we are celebrating by giving away some amazing prizes (some of them the hardest to get items this holiday season!), and because of the value of the prizes we are changing the rules for this years giveaways.

In years past for our holiday party our chat room would be full of people who have never visited or posted to SatelliteGuys, they were only in the chat to win a prize. Some of these folks were lucky enough to win a prize but we never saw them here again. This year we want our members to win, after all this party is to thank them for our success!

This year you will notice that the majority of prizes will be made available to Supporting Pub Members / Supporting Founders and SatelliteGuys Staff. This is because without these folks and their support SatelliteGuys would not be here today. But we are going to do something fun to allow our registered members get a chance to win those great prizes as well.

Here is how it is going to work.

There will be two forums here on SatelliteGuys - SatelliteGuys Holiday Party and SatelliteGuys Supporter Entry Area.

In each area there will be a list of prizes, if you are interested in winning a prize you must go to that prize thread and post a message saying that you want to win that prize. (This way you win something you want, you can enter to win only one prize, or you can enter them all it is up to you!)

In the SatelliteGuys Supporter Entry Forum only those supporters (Supporting Founders, Pub Members and SatelliteGuys Staff) will be able to register to win the big prizes. Regular registered members will not be able to post to this special forum.

HOWEVER…

To make things fun and to try making sure that our members can get in and win, we will be opening special windows where non supporters can enter to win some of the big prizes. What will happen is that we will at random times open up certain prizes for all members to enter. These surprise windows will open at random times and will only be open for a short period of time (no shorter then 30 minutes, yet no longer then 2 hours) when one of these windows opens there will be a java ticker near the top of the screen letting you know that the window for registered members is open and what prize then can enter to win for. So if your a registered member and want to win one of the big prizes keep checking back to SatelliteGuys often, as you never know when one of those windows will open or how long those windows will be open.

If you don’t want to wait for one of those windows to open but would like to enter to win a big prize then please consider becoming a supporting SatelliteGuys Pub Member. It should be noted that Pub Membership dollars are used to keep the lights on here at SatelliteGuys and the money does not go to pay for the prizes we are giving away. Please only become a Pub Member if you want to help support the board.

For more details on how you can become a Pub Member please visit http://www.satelliteguys.us/payments.php - Thank you in advance for your support!

Some other things you should know…
For each item we are giving away there will be a thread which contains a description of the item. In the description you will also find some information which may be helpful to you, as some prizes will not require you to be in our Holiday Party Chat to win, while other prizes will require you to be present in our December 10th Chat. If you can’t make the Holiday Party Chat then please only enter for the items which do not require you to be in the chat.

Please only enter for each item only ONCE. Also please do not create extra accounts to enter from additional accounts, we have technology to detect multipule accounts, those doing so will be removed.

Because of the amount of traffic we are expecting for our Holiday Party Chat we encourage you to make sure you can get in the chat before the party starts. You may test our chat with your PC anytime by going to SatelliteGuys.US - Chat Room we also urge you to get in the chat early on the night of the 10th. Our chat starts at 8:30PM ET, and our first prize giveaway will occur at 9:05PM ET.

If you are in our chat and your name is called as a winner, you have only 45 seconds to acknowledge that you won, so pay attention to the chat. If you are called, please say something like “I am here” or “I won” or “Yippie” or something… if you do not respond in 45 seconds we will draw another winner for that prize. (Again this is only for the prizes that require you to be in the chat to win). We will keep doing this until a winner acknowledges that they are there, and then we will move on to the next prize giveaway.

IN THE EVENT THAT WE CRASH THE CHAT SERVER – We will halt picking winners. Instead we will do random drawings of the entries and post the winners to the SatelliteGuys homepage. In addition if the chat server goes down will post a notice to the homepage about the chat being down. WE DON’T ANTICIPATE A PROBLEM WITH THE CHAT, BUT THIS IS OUR BACKUP INCASE SOMETHING HAPPENS.

All winners will be drawn at random from all the entries for each specific item by the SatelliteGuys “Prize Goddess” (Aka Eva Greczkowski). In addition the decision of the judges is final.

All winners selected will need to PM Scott Greczkowski or Prize Goddess with their mailing address. We can only ship to addresses in the United States. We will do our best to make sure that your prize arrives in time for the Christmas Holiday, but can make no guarantees that they will arrive in time.

This special holiday party and prize drawings are open to all USA based registered members (see the above rules), Supporting Founders, Pub Members, and SatelliteGuys Staff. (Note: Scott Greczkowski, Eva Greczkowski and Claude Greiner are not eligible to win)

All prizes (except for the Grand Prize DishStore.NET prize) have been donated and paid for by Scott and Eva Greczkowski, it is their way of saying THANK YOU for making us America’s Satellite Information Source!

We hope you enjoy this special Holiday Party and the way we are doing it this year. We are trying to make it fun and also make sure that true SatelliteGuys members win these great prizes.

One behalf of my wife, and myself I would like to give 100,000 thanks to you our members, you are the secret to our success! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Last edited:
Thank you Scott and Eva! Can't get this kinda treatment just anywhere, thats why Satellite Guy's is the best!! :) Did I mention yes I'm here!!!! :D

Thank you so much Scott & Eva, you guys are amazing! This forums are my favorite part of my day :)

Man, ever since our hockey games got switched to Monday nights, I had to give up the chats. Now I'll miss out on the chance of some of the great holiday prizes as well. :(

However, Scott and Eva, thanks for all your hard work in making this great event happen every year!

It HAD to be on the 10th... Figures I'm going to be out watching the 15th Anniversary of RAW live... looks like I'll have to find a way to be in 2 places at once....

Whoops got to add that one. :) We got a few other that we may add as well, or they might just be "surprise" prizes given in the party. Havent decided yet. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts