Official I have L4.49 Thread

I have the L449. A couple of oddities.

When running through the "Diagnostic" panel, I notice the entry "previous software L449". But when I go to the screen that shows the satellite readouts (61.5, 110 and 119) the current software is L449. I guess the first L449 got updated.

When I switched to one of my local channels, the channel began to record. I checked my record list, and the local channel showed up. The show was "paid programming" and had not been entered by me. I tried to delete the entry but could not. I even tried a receiver reboot (holding the front panel button for 10 seconds) to see if I could stop it. No luck. When the reboot ended and I again accessed the local channel, recording started again. This time, I just let it record to the end of the show and then deleted it, which I could do okay.

Nothing critical in the above, but definitely odd. The recording thing hasn't happened again.

What is Satellite 77, which now shows up in the list with 61.5, 105, 110, 118, 119, 129, and 148? Is this a DirecTV satellite?

Regards,
Fitzie

A few mornings ago, many of our receivers were updated with L4.49. Then they rebooted and downloaded it again.... and again.... and again. Hence why your previous version was L4.49 and the current is L4.49.

As for the satellites, Dish and Echostar own many, many satellites. Some share the same locations as DirecTV satellites too.

Sorry if this has been covered already (too lazy to read the entire thread), but I got 4.49 on one of my 622s and I noticed tonight that the audio level on HD channels is drastically lower than it was on 4.48. Anyone else notice this?

Sorry if this has been covered already (too lazy to read the entire thread), but I got 4.49 on one of my 622s and I noticed tonight that the audio level on HD channels is drastically lower than it was on 4.48. Anyone else notice this?

Nope, always been that way on DD vs non.

Well they did do a GREAT job of messing up the fast forward and reverse feature, mine is now very "weird" and "clunky" :-(

But they seemed to fix 30-second skip a bit. With 4.48, it would skip as fast as I could click for SD content, but HD content would take a while to catch up if I pressed the skip-forward button on the remote in rapid succession. With 4.49, the 622 now skips-forward in HD as fast as I can press the button.

Just recieved the L4.49. My other 622 was updated about 10 days ago.

Everything ok with both.

I don't get the change to the guide regarding the available lists. I can press (1) button and cycle through them much quicker than having to push (3) buttons (Guide, up/down arrow, Select) to do the same thing. I work on a computer ALL DAY and yes, I tend to count mouse-clicks, mouse movement, and so on for ergonomic reasons.

I don't get the change to the guide regarding the available lists. I can press (1) button and cycle through them much quicker than having to push (3) buttons (Guide, up/down arrow, Select) to do the same thing. I work on a computer ALL DAY and yes, I tend to count mouse-clicks, mouse movement, and so on for ergonomic reasons.

Me too hall. Lots better to me and the wife too.

Finally got it last night. No idea yet as to how well it works. I am glad I didn't get mine until the final version was ready. Hopefully there are a few things in there that I'll like. Time to read up on them I guess.

Finally got it last night. No idea yet as to how well it works. I am glad I didn't get mine until the final version was ready. Hopefully there are a few things in there that I'll like. Time to read up on them I guess.
There is just ONE L4.49 version - no initial, no final, just the version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts