Official Offer Letter from Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TTony

Original poster
May 1, 2005
I have attached a copy of the letter I received from Dish.

When I call the 800-WOW-HDTV number today, I received the following offer:

$100 upfront fee for satellite dish to receive VOOM channels
$250 upgrade to 942 for HD DVR
$57.97 for first 3 months (basic HD package)
or $74.99 for first 3 months (HD & all movie channels package)
$86.99 for first 4-6 months
$96.98 for 6+ months ($9.99 Free HDTV offer ends)

Now... my question is what kind of deal can I get with a "ClubDish" referral as described on the Dish Network website (you can do a google search for "dish network referral" and click "I'm feeling lucky"). Here is what is says:

- No equipment to buy
- No commitment
- Connect up to FOUR TVs
- FREE Standard Professional Installation
- A $49.99 credit on their first bill
- Free activation (waived $49.99 Activation Fee)

Does this mean free installation and an additional credit of $49.99 on the first bill?

Attachments

• dishoffer.jpg
    dishoffer.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 535
That letter looks to be from the ass-clown that is phone spamming us Voomers.

Great, the junk mail is starting too.

We've got to figure a way to nail this guy for fraud. He IS NOT Dish.

edit: The phone number is different than the one Mr. Thompson has been leaving on my VM

Yup, it's one of those letters from that guy at the "voom Conversion Center" it is not Dish Network.

What a hack using the logo and other things to make it seem that way

Just spoke with a CSR and he actually told me to sign up for everything but the VOOM channels. He said the following:

• Dish has changed the VOOM offer three times in the last 24 hours.
  • $100 fee for 2nd dish is still being debated and may or may not be required.
  • He would feel bad if I paid $100 for a satellite that may be given away free in a few days.
  • $250 still required for the 942 :(

Based on the forums and the response from this CSR, there is NO WAY I will ever pay that $100 for the dish to get the VOOM channels.

If I see something with a Dish logo on it I'll just mark it "Return To Sender". The post office may try to deliver it back to you so mark out your address with a black laundry pin (so they can't see it) and put it in a corner mail box.

truggy0 said:
Has anyone gotten the 942 with no fee??? That what I want to know..
You can buy them outright from dish. I was offered one for, listen to this, $549. I did the lease. Mistake?

TTony said:
Just spoke with a CSR and he actually told me to sign up for everything but the VOOM channels. He said the following:

• Dish has changed the VOOM offer three times in the last 24 hours.
  • $100 fee for 2nd dish is still being debated and may or may not be required.
  • He would feel bad if I paid $100 for a satellite that may be given away free in a few days.
  • $250 still required for the 942 :(

Based on the forums and the response from this CSR, there is NO WAY I will ever pay that $100 for the dish to get the VOOM channels.
You can get all the same deals via the website and there is no 100$ fee for the second dish that way.
Not sure if you can get the VOOM channels though that way..

I think the title of this thread should be changed since this is not a real DISH letter but a con.

gutter said:
I think the title of this thread should be changed since this is not a real DISH letter but a con.

If it is a con, then why is the phone number in the letter the same as the one that VOOM is advertising on it's own website?

Dont worry, Dish seems to be price matching there offers at least thats what a guy I work with said.

He switched to Dish two weeks ago when He thought Voom was gone for sure. The CSR did not even mention the Voom offers that are out this week.

Today he called dish and said Im still under the 30 day return pollicy, can I also get the latest voom offer, or I will return and cancel Dish.

They did it, credited His credit card right away.

BFG said:
Yup, it's one of those letters from that guy at the "voom Conversion Center" it is not Dish Network.

What a hack using the logo and other things to make it seem that way

Wanna bet he's in Florida? All the scum of the earth is in Florida, it's the home of all these characters because you can't get to them, you can't go after them and get anything, really pathetic.

lombana said:
Wanna bet he's in Florida? All the scum of the earth is in Florida, it's the home of all these characters because you can't get to them, you can't go after them and get anything, really pathetic.

I thought most of the scum of the earth was in Nigeria. Everyone I have ever dealt with (and there have been a quite a few) from that country has turned out to be a thief.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)