Official SatelliteGuys CBS / DISH Dispute Thread

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
During tonights news broadcast KTVT brought up a screen to call #### or we may lose CBS programming. Must be that time again. I'd like to call and tell them to take KTVT down I get KXII ch 12 Sherman and KTVT OTA so they don't affect me.

Same here in Chicago. I feel like we just had this recently. Did a google search and it seems like Dish/CBS had this battle back at the end of 2014...less than 3 years ago.

right now, i'm glad i'm currently with Directv. this really sucks for you guys with Dish.

plus it hasn't even been 5 years since the last dispute with CBS as the last time they and CBS had a dispute was in 2014, i take it CBS is doing a 3 year long term contract, so i guess we will know that after the dispute is resolved, the next contract will end in 2020 if they get 3 years long term contract deal, 2021 if 4 years contract deal and 2022 if they get a 5 year contract deal.

this is gonna be a nasty one knowing the past history and bad blood between CBS and Dish.

Reactions: EchostarFan
right now, i'm glad i'm currently with Directv. this really sucks for you guys with Dish.

plus it hasn't even been 5 years since the last dispute with CBS as the last time they and CBS had a dispute was in 2014, i take it CBS is doing a 3 year long term contract, so i guess we will know that after the dispute is resolved, the next contract will end in 2020 if they get 3 years long term contract deal, 2021 if 4 years contract deal and 2022 if they get a 5 year contract deal.

this is gonna be a nasty one knowing the past history and bad blood between CBS and Dish.
CBS will come and get you soon via their affiliates, have no doubt. They will leave no dollar unswept into their vacuum.

Reactions: satjay
same thing with CBS Chicago too also i saw a crawl on top on my screen to call a 1800 number too

Just got the crawl tonight during the news on CBS KPIX here in the Bay Area. Here we go again. I live in a valley and get no OTA. Only watch the local news and Survivor on KPIX. With so much alternative programming out there don’t let the door hit u on the way out CBS.

Reactions: pattykay
Haven't received any offer from DISH for outside TV antenna and dual tuner module but I'll take it if offered.

855-5533-787 the onscreen number that transfers your call to DISH

Hopefully Dish stands strong and doesn't cave to CBS.
I hope we are both saying the same thing, to H*** with CBS on DISH I can receive 2 DMAs so I don't need the DISH broadcasts to watch the failing programming on CBS. The CBS stations affected are the larger metroplexes so they also have a good chance of good OTA broadcasts. Smaller DMAs will probably still be on DISH.

Can CBS really stand the loss of DISH viewers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)