OFFICIAL TURNER / VIACOM Dish Network News

Stargazer said:
I thought the same thing too awax but if you sign something that states that the programming is subject to change at any time then I would think that the customer would still be bound to that contract that they signed, but if they did not sign any contract then that is something different because they would not have seen anything in writing pertaining to programming subject to change at any time.

I did not sign a thing when i got my system installed. That said all of this is hypothetical and I have no intention of leaving E*.

You're right, you didn't actually sign anything, but I believe there was some indication that if you hooked up and used the system, that was your acknowledgment that you have read and agree to the terms.

I dont see where there is any indication/proof of acknowledgment of this if no contract is signed (no contract required for Free For All). I also do not recall the CSR telling the consumer at time of activation any such thing.

Then take them to court the next time they drop a channel, if you can find a lawyer stupid enough to take the case (which you may if they see "class action" and get paid a high percentage of the outcome).

Best case would be E* being found guilty, the lawyer getting 10-25% for legal fees (if not more) and the class dividing the rest of the penalty. Probably work out to 50c per subscriber. :D

All this assuming E* would drop the channel.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)