Officially LOST

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I'm ready to pay someone to setup this dish. I am so lost.

I can pull in FTA between 87 and 123, but it only seems to be strong transponders. I can get strong signals all the way to 125 but those are encrypted channels. For example, there are many transponders that i can not pull in from various satellites.

For example, i cannot receive :
Florida Channel, The (DVB-S2) www SES 2 12044-V 3200 49 60
Louisiana Public Broadcasting 2 (DVB-S2) www SES 2 11808-H 11150 65 68 WLPB-DT2
Louisiana Public Broadcasting HD (DVB-S2)

But, i can receive 'The Patient Channel' from the same satellite.

This is the case on many satellites. I have TWEAKED to till my fingers are raw. no matter up or down, left or right, i cannot seem to get any stronger of a signal to pull these channels in.

It doesn't make sense. I can pull in channels all along the arc, but i cannot pull in certain transponders.

I don't know where to go from here...

Ps. Have a 1 meter dish.

Please help.

Since you hitting satellites along the arc i would think its something simple .

maybe skew is off or if your lnbf has the ability to be loosened and moved foward or back in the holder these should be two simple adjustments to try .

and we all get frustrated its actually one thing why i enjoy tuning satellites i think i'ld rather play with the dishes than watchen the channels ( unless its football season) . :)

Reactions: . Raine and Elkview
I'm not the best to give advice...too new to the hobby, but from my little experience I found that the DVB-S2 transponders are tough to get in. It took me a while. I had a hard time blind scanning those channels. I manually added LPB and Florida. Stick with it. Someone will be along to give some information that makes sense.

Reactions: northgeorgia
Since you hitting satellites along the arc i would think its something simple .

maybe skew is off or if your lnbf has the ability to be loosened and moved foward or back in the holder these should be two simple adjustments to try .

and we all get frustrated its actually one thing why i enjoy tuning satellites i think i'ld rather play with the dishes than watchen the channels ( unless its football season) . :)

Skew is at 0. I've moved it all the way forward, and all the way back at different times. It didn't seem to make a noticeable difference, but, ill give that another shot tomorrow.

I'm not the best to give advice...too new to the hobby, but from my little experience I found that the DVB-S2 transponders are tough to get in. It took me a while. I had a hard time blind scanning those channels. I manually added LPB and Florida. Stick with it. Someone will be along to give some information that makes sense.

I have attempted manually transponder and channel adds. I don't seem to get any signal - For the Florida channel, i get Intensity 45, Quality 10. But, i get 13 channels on this 87 successfully. Also, It is not just DVB-S2 transponders i cannot receive. I checked that after i read your message.

LPB goes blank every now and then, so those channels don't fret over for now, they might be blanked out for sports feeds. I don't have a Ku dish pointed there right now, so I can't check if they're up right now or not.

If this is a motorized dish, your skew should be set to zero, if it's fixed, then you can get all your settings for your Lat/Long, skew, Azimuth and elevation, etc, for fixed and motorized dishes here: http://www.dishpointer.com/

Is it fixed or motorized and what receiver are you using? What LNB/LNBF?

Are you getting all the satellites, or at least the ones watchable from your location that aren't blocked by trees, mountains, obstructions? How about 72W? I think I would begin to check the motor's elevation/azimuth, possibly the dish elevation too-sounds like a tracking problem with the motor setup.

I can tell you that receivers can make a difference. I use Amiko 2 which currently is bringing in a solid signal for LPB. Florida Channel is extremely week but I still get a stable picture. I also use a Traxis 6000 HD when I am working on my dish setup. The Traxis has a hard time finding those channels.

I can tell you that receivers can make a difference. I use Amiko 2 which currently is bringing in a solid signal for LPB. Florida Channel is extremely week but I still get a stable picture. I also use a Traxis 6000 HD when I am working on my dish setup. The Traxis has a hard time finding those channels.

What's the best receiver to use to get the HD channels, and all the video / audio formats including AC3 etc.

LPB goes blank every now and then, so those channels don't fret over for now, they might be blanked out for sports feeds. I don't have a Ku dish pointed there right now, so I can't check if they're up right now or not.

If this is a motorized dish, your skew should be set to zero, if it's fixed, then you can get all your settings for your Lat/Long, skew, Azimuth and elevation, etc, for fixed and motorized dishes here: http://www.dishpointer.com/

Is it fixed or motorized and what receiver are you using? What LNB/LNBF?
Motorized

I have very limited experience with receivers. Most have referred users to the Amiko mini HD SE. I am waiting on the new Amiko 3 before I decide. I've been wanting to get another receiver for a while now.

I've used both and both work but the Titanium as proven to be more stable in dealing with S2 signal. That is based on my experience.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)