"Officially" on D* now.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Enforcer

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Hey all. Well the installer just left and installed my new phase III with my R10 and D10 receivers. Everything has downloaded and I must say I don't know why it took so long for me to switch over to D* from E*. The picture quality is superb!! I can't comment on the HD pack just yet, since I don't have the HD box. Gimme a month. I compared several channels to see the picture quality, for example Discovery, History, and several others. The picture quality difference is almost like night and day! The compression or in this case the lack therof is just right. Dish doesn't have anything on Directv in my opinion. Being a long term Dish customer, (2 years) I instantly saw a vast improvement.

Those of you out there who are on the fence about switching, it is definetly "greener" on the side as the old saying goes. Extremely happy with my decision!! If you have questions please ask.

It was the best decision in our home entertainment that I made back in March to switch from E* to D*. My wife actually likes to watch HD. She hated trying to get our 811 to work properly when we had E*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts