Offset feedhorn for Norsat LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pookah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
USA
Planning to try Norsat 3220 C-Band PLL LNB but I am not very sure how to mount it on an offset 180cm dish. Do I need an offset horn?

The LNB must be mounted on a feedhorn with an appropriate scalar. Most commercial offset dishes have a matching feedhorn/scalar provided by the dish manufacturer. What brand and model offset dish is this being installed on?

It is a generic brand dish. It has no logos or markings of the manufacturer.

Thank you!
Do these LNBs come any close to performance of Norsat 3220 LNB?

There is no comparison to a Norsat 3220 LNB mounted on a quality feedhorn with the appropriate scalar. If you go with the LNB, are you wanting to receive both polarities? If you want both polarities, are you buying an orthomode type feedhorn with 2 Norsat 3220 LNBs or a feedhorn with servo controlled polarity control? If servo polarity selection, what device will control the servo positioning?

With that said, since you are mounting on a generic offset dish without manufacturer matching feedhorn/scalar, I personally would go the less expensive route and install the C-band LNBF/conical scalar combo.

Only planning to receive one polarity: H. Pardon, should have mentioned that at the beginning.
What if we went with a mesh C-band that tek2000 sells, which feedhorn would I need for Norsat LNB?

Not understanding spending big money on an expensive LNB, then mounting it on an inexpensive generic dish. If your concern is performance, first concentrate on installing a quality dish. The LNB/feedhorn combo or LNBF performance is only as good as the dish that it is mounted on. Why not source good quality dish from a European supplier?

When mounting on a prime focus, the same feedhorn choice needs to be made. The scalar will instead be the standard flat type instead of the conical.

If you chose a LNBF instead:
http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=C+band+LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts