OK, CES is Over, Where’s the 811 Fixes- Venting Time

I submit it through their web site, Click on Custmer car, Contact us, then email. Then you fill out the form. I have a Word document that I use to cut & paste the information from.

I made one of my regular calls to E* tech support, but yesterday I spoke to an advanced tech who was really helpful (and honest). He read me their list of known 811 problems (I have been after E* to send me this for a month). I think just about all of the problems mentioned in this forum are on the list EXCEPT for the OTA problems. He said most of the OTA problems have been around for a long time, on the 6000. Sounds like E* is blaming a lot of them on user signal level problems not the 811. I think this may be partially true. There must be design decisions they make to trade off locking on a poor signal vs having the picture go on and off. I think they got more conservative in the 811, it takes a better signal to lock AND show video. That is why the set up process may show you can lock but still cannot view the channel. I am going to try to work my way up the chain to get clarification.

Their highest priiority is the program guide issues. There are 2 software releases planned, 264 and 265. No dates but 264 is "imminent".

babakanoosh said:
Their highest priiority is the program guide issues. There are 2 software releases planned, 264 and 265. No dates but 264 is "imminent".

Hopefully getting a decent image out of s-video is in 264. My 811 requires huge TV adjustments, then I switch to DVD and the TV is way overbright. Very aggravating. I didn't buy a HD box for compromised image quality!

Keith.

Babakanoosh,

They know about the OTA problems, I email them, via their web site, once a week. All my local OTA signals average between 90 - 95% so it’s not a signal problem, at least in my case. The OTA channel mapping in the guide is a known problem and was acknowledged in the last retailer chat. They said during that chat that they were going to change the guide software so the user, if they subscribe to the locals off of the satellite, will have an option to have the local channels show in the guide at the lower area of the guide, or the OTA channel numbers. They did acknowledge channel mapping problems, but they are doing the change I described at the end of the month (didn’t say which month) and then address fixing the mapping and programming information in the EPG problems everyone is reporting, down the line. This is a low on their priority list. All they have to do is read up on the PSIP data standards that were developed for DTV, and meet those standards, and everything should work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)