Ok guys/girls, what causes this..........

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Im using a 522 with a Proscan TV, using a pretty highquality shielded S Video Cable.

When I first started using dish network, and the 522, the screen was AWSOME!!!

Now sadly, I seem to have diagonal lines across my tv.............. GRRRRRRRRR

It ONLY does it using S-video from the 522. Reg video, its fine, coax its fine, even cable looks better.

I tried swapping out the svideo cables, but it's WORSE with the new svideo cable... Why would the 522 not have this problem when i set it up 4 weeks ago, and just develop it?
thanks for any help

Have you added / subtracted anything equipment wise to the setup? for instance... my setup has the 522 feeding the current tv via svideo... if i bring one of my laptops close it starts to do waht you are describing. also if the vacum gets close i notice it. havent experimented around with it really. it does sound like something is generating noise

Well I dont think so, but i am now pulling everything i can think of away from it!

Does it do it with other SVideo sources, like a DVD player? Are you sure it's the 522 and not the TV? If it's the 522, i'd say call up Dish and see if they'll send a replacement.

Well after that suggestion, I decided to use the SAME s-video cable hooked up to the dvd player....

Guess what, no weird lines at all. So i decided it was the 522. However about an hour ago (5 44 pm est) i just relized the lines are gone.................

weird. must be a new feature!!

thanks for all the help. at least the picture is back to being reallly nice!

Well, guess what, the $hit is back. WTF! Now its on every way i connect.

Diagonal lines.... this sucks!

Man now its even worse than before.

I guess I'll email customer service.

Great. here we go.

Dish really needs to ditch their proprietary stuff and strike a deal with Tivo/ReplayTV. They just -can't- get this DVR stuff right!

Sorry, rant!

This is definitly a NEW FEATURE.

IT comes and goes, with every kind of video connection (coax, svideo, plain videocable)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)