Ok I'm Getting Ready to Change My Service Address

Changed my address about 10 times in the last 2 months due to installer mistakes etc. Too much to go in to here but it was very easy each time.

Changed my service address yesterday, but I still get the same locals. Although they disappeared at the lower channel numbers, they still appear in the 8000 channels, so haven't actually lost anything. I know I can receive the desired ones here, but they are not appearing. Anyone else have this problem? I verfied the service address has changed. I have no problem changing my physical address if that is an issue.

I know I can't get the HD channels (no Dish 1000+), I'm just shooting for the SD channels now.

Oops, after review I just fund out I am receiving the desired regional sports network, so I did gain something.

Last edited:
Final question before my "move"

I'm going to move after the New Year...sort of a present to myself. Seriously, I am one of the unfortunate few. After Dec. 1rst, I am missing a local network channel and there is no local over the satellite available to me. OTA is an option but I have a lot of interference. Allamerican has put a waiver in for me. 30 to 60 days so I have decided to take the plunge.

Anyways, I live 85 miles east of Pensacola. I want to move there. I think I have read everything on this forum about spotbeam/footprints and just want to know if someone can take a look for me before moving day. The problem is that when I look at the spotbeam map for my location, it has two circles intertwining at my location. If anyone cares to look, I think I should be O.K..

I have 119/110 and satellite pointed at 105 degrees west. Little confused about the 105? Is that for local channels?

Anyways, thanks in advance. I enjoy reading all the posts, even the technical ones. I never knew there was so much to "learn" about satellites.
I had my first small dish when my husband and I were stationed in Edzell, Scotland. I can't even remember the name of the Satellite company. I know we got Sky News and Eurosports which I loved. Complete Olympic coverage of all events. It was about 15 yrs. ago.

Last edited:
I "moved" to Charlotte which is about 100 air miles away. I lost my Greenville locals but I do not get the Charlotte locals. The best I can tell the spotbeam of Charlotte should come this far.

Just moved to chicago!

My Move went pretty smooth. No questions asked! :D Now, something is not right. I'm getting the chicago HD channels fine, but not the SD channels. It keeps asking me to do a "check switch" Is it because the SD are on a spotbeam? Shoud I do the check switch?

Run a checks switch and see if it works. The Chicago sd locals should be on 110 and the hd ones are on 129 . So it doesn't hurt to ever run a check switch. OF course if they move the Chicago sd locals to spotbeam you might not get them .

Spotbeam

Yep, they're on spotbeam. Oh well. At least I still get the 4 major stations, the same as with Dtv. So now I can go ahead an cancel DTV and save $30 bucks!

Run a checks switch and see if it works. The Chicago sd locals should be on 110 and the hd ones are on 129 . So it doesn't hurt to ever run a check switch. OF course if they move the Chicago sd locals to spotbeam you might not get them .

Yep, they're on spotbeam. Oh well. At least I still get the 4 major stations, the same as with Dtv. So now I can go ahead an cancel DTV and save $30 bucks!

Say, you can see if you can get the superstations to supplement you main 4 for CW and MY Tv network channels. You can see if you can buy just one of each if you are qualified for them in Chicago.

I "moved" to Charlotte which is about 100 air miles away. I lost my Greenville locals but I do not get the Charlotte locals. The best I can tell the spotbeam of Charlotte should come this far.

You "moved" & now you don't get any locals?:what

Sounds like it's time to "move" back

the charlotte locals are on spotbeam 6 and its footprint doesn't reach greenville:

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/E10spots/e10spots.pdf

the map is, of course, just an estimate. to find out once and for all if you can get charlotte locals at your location, test the signal strength on transponder 26 from 110 degrees.

you could probably get raleigh or greensboro locals without much difficulty (although you should test the signal strength on the appropriate transponder and satellite to make sure). why did you pick charlotte?

the charlotte locals are on spotbeam 6 and its footprint doesn't reach greenville:

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/E10spots/e10spots.pdf

the map is, of course, just an estimate. to find out once and for all if you can get charlotte locals at your location, test the signal strength on transponder 26 from 110 degrees.

you could probably get raleigh or greensboro locals without much difficulty (although you should test the signal strength on the appropriate transponder and satellite to make sure). why did you pick charlotte?

I picked Charlotte because
1. their newscast are high quality. Not like Greenville where Mom baked an apple pie might be a led story.

2. I am a NASCAR fan and Charlotte covers the sport better than anyone.

After "moving" I contacted E* tech support and they turned on Charlotte locals again. It now works fine. I guess the first turn on missed my dish somehow.

I am a new Dishnetwork subscriber as of two weeks ago and I have a few questions before I become a mover. I live in Cheyenne, WY (82001) and I noticed if I move 30 miles or so to the west I can get HD locals from Denver instead of standard def only locals from Cheyenne. I've checked out the strength of the non-HD Denver Locals on the spotbeam on 110 (trans 12) and the HD on 129 (trans 2). The spotbeam is incredible (115+ signal) while the HD feed is sort of lackluster (58-63).

My current "location" requires me to have a Dish500 pointed at 148 for locals and have my Dish1000 cover 110, 119, 129. My overall reception for 110 and 129 is what is to be expected from a Dish1000 setup (50's to 80's).

The way that it is wired is that it has one RG6 running from the Dish500 to the Dish1000, then 4 RG6s running from the Dish1000 to a DPP44 then two RG6s out of the DPP44 to the receivers (one to a PVR501 the other to a 622).

Here's my questions: Once I "move" to the country can I just point the Dish500 to 129 (36.4 degrees elevation, 214 degrees Azimuth (geographic) and 25.1 Skew(location gathered from this site)) and optimize the Dish1000 for 110 and 119? Or do I need to change any of the wiring to make this work?

Thank you,

Matt

I guess you could but I don't know very well how the multiswitch dpp44 works. I use my dish 1000 for 110/119 and my dish 500 for 61.5 . But my situation is a built in switch in the dish pro plus lnb. I will soon have the dish 1000.2 which has the built in dpp 44 switch into the triple lnb . It will have 110/119/129 and 61.5 on a side sat dish fed into the port on the triple lnb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts