OK...let's hear it......HEAT vs MAVERICKS..!!

Is it me, or is the NBA in general becoming a bit more flagrant than it used to be? Maybe it's time to crackdown on something besides wardrobe choices...

Heat looked like trash, now the Mavs look like trash. Up until now the postseason seemed NBA-Tampered-with-it free, now it's starting to stink a bit...

Purogamer said:
Is it me, or is the NBA in general becoming a bit more flagrant than it used to be? Maybe it's time to crackdown on something besides wardrobe choices...

Heat looked like trash, now the Mavs look like trash. Up until now the postseason seemed NBA-Tampered-with-it free, now it's starting to stink a bit...

To be honest, Eastern Conference has always been known for the tougher conference...and the West has always been known as the finesse conference. Dallas showed last night that if you rough them up a little bit...they get rattle. Dirk wanted to get aggressive early...after he got knocked on his ass a little....nothing but fade-away jump shots....and Stackhouse...remember....1st he was a Sixer, then a Piston...two of the more tougher defensive minded teams...and the only one that showed guts and heart last night....

Just as I thought....Stackhouse was suspended for game 5 due to the foul on Shaq. ANYONE that saw that video saw that he deliberately went for the hard foul and NOT for the ball....and tried to throw an elbo to boot.

The issue isn't did he deserve it, because he did. The issue is that the league seems to turn a blind eye when someone does it to a dallas guy, but not when a dallas guy does it to someone else. Mark Cuban is right, but continuing to bitch about it just makes it keep happening.

OMG that is so not true; if anything people get away with mugging Shaq 90% of the entire game, every game. People get caught in Shaq's elbows because they undercutting him or are being allowed to play him so much tighter (blocking) than normally allowed by almost every other player. If you have ever played organized ball and watched someone much bigger (up close) play people smaller, this is a frequent occurrence. Most of the time Shaq "pops" people while they defend him, so in reality there should be more fouls called on the defenders, especially in the restricted zone. Because of Shaq's size they try to call him different, which is illegal.

WOW...!! WHAT a great game!!! OLD MAN Gary Peyton! And Jason Terry shooting his ass off....Dirk....and Wade...basket for basket....Dwayne Wade is one of the TOP 3 players in the game and BETTER the Lebron and JUST AS GOOD as Kobe....

Last edited:
Hate to see it end that way, but why would you signal to your player, or have your player signal a TO for after the 2nd FT even before the 1st one was even attempted? Why risk the exact miscommunication that happened?

GP, my man, followed from SEA, the short MIL, LAL, BOS journey, and now MIA. I want him to get that ring! The sad fact of that, is if it happens, he will more than likely retire. If Mourning gets his, and can accept the same backup roll, I think he might play a few more.

charper1 said:
Hate to see it end that way, but why would you signal to your player, or have your player signal a TO for after the 2nd FT even before the 1st one was even attempted? Why risk the exact miscommunication that happened?

GP, my man, followed from SEA, the short MIL, LAL, BOS journey, and now MIA. I want him to get that ring! The sad fact of that, is if it happens, he will more than likely retire. If Mourning gets his, and can accept the same backup roll, I think he might play a few more.

Yeah....to me, it look liked Avery Johnson was asking for the timeout. Can't blame the kids for calling one.

Ya know they complain about all of the fouls called on the Mavs when Wade goes to the basket but when you think about it the guy got fouled by 3 seperate defenders every time he went to the hoop and only one foul gets called. If Dallas is gonna mug him with several guys everytime I think 3 fouls should be called.

salsadancer7 said:
WOW...!! WHAT a great game!!! OLD MAN Gary Peyton! And Jason Terry shooting his ass off....Dirk....and Wade...basket for basket....Dwayne Wade is one of the TOP 3 players in the game and BETTER the Lebron and JUST AS GOOD as Kobe....

Yeah. He and the rest of the Heat must be in bed with the officials. That was the SHITTIEST game I've ever seen. Breathe on Wade and get a foul. Wade's a nobody.

What of load of crud, come on, really, you know it has gone both ways and in this particular game if the MAVS would drive as opposed to fearfully jumpshooting, they would get the calls too. The more offensively aggressive team is always going to get the calls and go to the line; that is exactly how MIA has change the games into their favor. You can't cry when its your team getting called for all the tick-tack fouls and then stay silent when they haven't been; it has been more than evenly called. Look at the foul trouble Shaq, Haslem, Williams, Payton and even Wade have been in. Bottom line, if the MAVS would have made THEIR freethows it wouldn't have mattered anyway. NEVER put your team in the position to allow one single play or the refs to decide the game as Avery said.

Last edited:
Neutron said:
Yeah. He and the rest of the Heat must be in bed with the officials. That was the SHITTIEST game I've ever seen. Breathe on Wade and get a foul. Wade's a nobody.

Oh stop.....you know damn well that if you just LOOK at Dirk, a foul is called....! AT the very least, you KNOW there will be SOME contact because Wade goes to the basket.....if you HINT on being within 5 inches of Dirk's fadeaway.....forget it! And also, Dirk went to Reggie Miller school of cowardly fadeaway....when he shoots it...notice him kick his legs out to try to make contact. I must admit though, the refs have been sh!tty ON BOTH ends with phantom calls.....the ONLY reason Miami went to the foul line more is because THEY GO TO THE BASKET MORE and play a half court basketball due to Shaq.

An by the way.....Wade being a nobody.....he is lighting up your team like fireworks on the 4th of July.....where has Dirk been....? Flashes....disappears....Flashes....disappears...! Hell, in the 4th quarter of EVERY GAME in these playoffs....everyone ALIVE AND DEAD, from Earth or from Pluto....knows who is going to get the ball...AND they STILL cannot stop him!!

As Charper1 said...in not so many words, the more physical/aggressive team has been the team that one the game...plain and simple. Consider yourself lucky, IF Miami would hit JUST 70% of their free throws, the series would be over by now....but that is part of the game....

MIA champs as predicted in week #2 and in 6 as predicted at the start of the series.

Salsa, I got a meeting in the AM and will hit the bed after typing this, but I know you will be here soon; CONGRATS!

charper1 said:
MIA champs as predicted in week #2 and in 6 as predicted at the start of the series.

Salsa, I got a meeting in the AM and will hit the bed after typing this, but I know you will be here soon; CONGRATS!

Charper1.... We may disagree on alot of things......but you are CLASS ACT!!!!

I have officially CLOSED THIS THREAD!!!

LETS GO HEAT!!! LETS GO HEAT!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)