Ok Mike, 68 channels now on a directional antenna.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
I am using the Stellar labs 91 Yagi pointing east and am getting 68 channels including the RF2 channel. Have the data boss coming tomorrow. I am going to try it solo, but will combine if needed. Here is my Rabbit ears report RabbitEars.Info What are your thoughts?

RabbitEars.Info Sorry, try this one.
The Televes Dat Boss should be all you need. All your stations look good, and VERY strong down to the "poor" ones, where mountain ridges start getting in the way.

Point the Dat Boss at the "poor" stations, and try to fiddle with the direction slightly to see if you can also pick up the "Good" ones well enough. Though RF2 will be an issue with the Dat Boss, because that specific model filters OUT low vhf station.

Thanks Mike there is a couple good sub channels on it, but I can get them FTA.
You could also consider buying the Televes Smartkom device, when that's finally released. It'll combine up to 3 antennas Low, High VHF and UHF (Maybe even FM) PROPERLY, and LTE/5G/FM filter, etc as needed. The antennas do NOT have to be only Televes antennas.

Likely going to cost about $250, and hopefully released within the next two months. Some of us in a Televes test group are testing prototypes now, and it looks like a "Holy Grail" device for combining antennas! Yep, yet another $250, but it's a one-time SUNK cost that can pay for itself quickly, versus paying cable forever. SmartKom New Technology For Combining Antennas & Arrays

For the time being, I don't have to worry about interference except FM which is filtered by the antenna to begin with. I am in the sticks, finally wound up with spectrum for my 5G phone, because I could sometimes get one bar here! They use Verizon for the carrier. I might get VHF2 anyway on the Databoss, it is my strongest signal and only 7 miles away. Not sure if the built in filter can squelch it fully. I will wind up pointing pretty much east to get all channels, and that would be aimed at Parris mountain were VHF2 is and the area between me and them is a valley. Pegging the meter on the HDhomerun flex on a Stellar Labs UHF yagi 91 now and those elements are only about 4 inches long.

Last edited:
Reactions: primestar31
Fedex is getting closer, I can tell, it is starting to rain harder!:biggrin
Just remember when you put it together, the gray spreader bar for the 3 booms has a HOLE in the bottom, that NEEDS to be pointed down at the ground for any possible moisture build-up to drain.

It's VERY easy to assemble the whole thing, and suddenly realize the hole is on TOP, causing it to possibly retain moisture.

Also, when it comes time to actually install it on your mast pipe, install the antenna the way you want WITHOUT the preamp/dipole unit installed. Then, loop the coax up and around and through the back reflector, screw it onto the preamp/dipole module, and THEN snap the module into place in the back orange piece. It really makes it so much easier than trying to install/screw on the coax after it's all installed.

Reactions: Foxbat
It's here! Got most of it together in 10 minutes, then ran into a snag. Lower reflector snapped right in can not it the upper reflector in. Swapped brackets with the Vhf set and still will not go in. Got frustrated and will try again in the AM since it is raining anyway.

It's here! Got most of it together in 10 minutes, then ran into a snag. Lower reflector snapped right in can not it the upper reflector in. Swapped brackets with the Vhf set and still will not go in. Got frustrated and will try again in the AM since it is raining anyway.
You sure the reflectors aren't flipped upside down the wrong way? There's a bottom and a top...

Yep, tried both ways and even moved the brackets. It wont seat all the way down into the indent, thinking I will need to take a mm or two off the reflector. It is close, but no cigar.
should say of the bracket, will look at it tomorrow and see whats up. So close yet so far and yes watched the video, paused it made sure it was right. Just a little too tight somewhere. It does not help that it is dark in here, that is why I will deal with it tomorrow.

No need to, thought about it and exactly what you said, the boom had a little bump on it. A coulpe of light taps with a brass hammer and it is assembled. Thanks Mike. Actually like I said. Turns out there was a little hump in the boom.

Reactions: primestar31
This my friends is why when you get frustrated walk away for a few minutes and try again. Should have known right away because I could not slide the pole mount down the boom, had to separate it and then get it in the middle and reattach it.

My completed indoor installation

Attachments

• 20220903_180551[1].jpg
    20220903_180551[1].jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Latest posts