OK, Networking Question

Who showed

I agree on this. I was just responding to what I see as a repeated misunderstanding of sling technology as it can be used around the house.

As a matter of fact it took me some time to get to the right person at Sling before I got them to admit internet connection speed doesn't have any bearing on slinging around your house, which along with other forms of IPTV I think will begin to replace HDMI signal distribution around a location by the end of this year.

More to the point: The future "wired house" may have two nets; a wireless one for internet surfing and email and a wired one for IPTV. At least two manufacterers showed HDTVs with ethernet ports at CES a couple of weeks ago.

Who showed the HDTV's w/ ethernet ports? Would like to see what it is and does.

Everybody had a TV with an internet connection. Some are offering Netflix, some are offering streaming of your media from your pc, and some have built in Yahoo widgets (or some variation of widgets). But I think literally every major brand had a tv with an ethernet port.

Who showed the HDTV's w/ ethernet ports? Would like to see what it is and does.

TV's with network connections have been shipping for quite a while, as they have DLNA clients built-in. My Samsung 750 series LCD has this. FWIW, the DLNA client is useless, due to limited codec/container support, no aspect ratio controls, and no pass-thru for multichannel sound. My Popcorn Hour PCH-A100 is so much better than I don't even bother to plug an Ethernet cable into the TV anymore.

I saw them on the G4 channel (Dish channel 191) coverage.

I found this link but I'm sure there are more so I'll look for more:
LG to Launch Broadband HDTV Line with Netflix Watch Instantly Capabilities | eHomeUpgrade

The most interesting part of Toshiba's CES announcements, though, were undoubtedly a little hint about what's coming next. While not groundbreaking, Toshiba is already promising that the next HDTVs to come out later this year will feature Internet connectivity with Widgets Channel framework support. The new TVs will also be DLNA enabled and can be loaded with MS Extender so they work with Microsoft's Media Center PC software. It seems like a strange move touting the imminent launch of even better versions of the current lineup, but our thanks to Toshiba for giving us something to talk about, at least.

From here: Best of Toshiba at CES 2009 - infoSync World

And check around this site for a lot of good CES TV, broadband, ect news.

Ok I am wondering if this is a vip722 issue. I have the box hooked up to my router via cat5e and when I do not touch my receiver the on line feature says on line when I touch it it goes offline ( touching it means changing channels or looking at guide) and says not connected. when I reset the connection it goes on line again for 5 min then resets to offline again. I have the sling beta and could go on line and change channels for 5min then it will say my receiver is offline and disconnects. I will have to reset internet connections just to reconnect to the receiver through dish sling. I have done a hard rest of the box and soft reset called dish and they think it is my internet provider yet all my computers are on line working perfect. My ethernet wire is no more then 100ft. the same thing was bein done with my wireless game adapter so I thought that was the issue but after testing it today on a computer it works perfectly. This is my 3rd box in 6 months first one harddrive went bad 2nd one same thing but also I was testing it with the wireless adapter and did the same thing. now this one is doin the same thing they want to replace this one I am just gettin feed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts