OK, not that you've heard SIRIUS you going to get the service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
I've had Sirius in the car for over a year now and love it. Now that millions of additional folks have had a chance to hear it I'm just curious how many E* customers are thinking about paying for a subscritpion to Siruis.

BTW, if you want a site dedicated to Sirius you might want to check out http://www.siriusbackstage.com/ if you're looking for more information.

I voted no, not because I won't pay for radio, but rather I can't STAND the constant interruptions in the music! These stream jockeys and channel promos grate my nerves. I do enjoy the music selection tremendously and it would be a fantastic alternative to the "Clear Channel Radio Service" I am forced to endure here on AM and FM both. But If I'm going to pay, I will not subject myself to the constant chatter on music channels.

See ya
Tony

NightRyder said:
Doesn't this kinda duplicate Scott's poll?

NightRyder

I didn't see a poll. I saw Scott's thread asking what folks thought. I thought a poll would be easier to just look at the vote results vs. having to read through all the responses.

I don't listen to alot of music radio. Mostly with my long commute I listen to KNX in Los Angeles for news and traffic reports. Paying for radio just doesn't make sense to me if I can't get local traffic reports. Besides, before too long we will have local broadcast digital radio from these people: http://www.ibiquity.com/hdradio/
It may not have the variety of satellite but it will sound great and will have local news and traffic.

That being said, when I get my new car if it includes a Sirius radio and service is rolled into the car payment I would probably listen from time to time.

personally i like the fact that someone comes on every other song or so. non-commercial, music non-stop drives me crazy. it's actually one reason i like the sirius channels more over the Dish CD ones. i like being able to hear someone once in a while...

rad said:
I didn't see a poll. I saw Scott's thread asking what folks thought. I thought a poll would be easier to just look at the vote results vs. having to read through all the responses.

It's on the front page of the site. But the more the merrier :)

TNGTony said:
I voted no, not because I won't pay for radio, but rather I can't STAND the constant interruptions in the music! These stream jockeys and channel promos grate my nerves. I do enjoy the music selection tremendously and it would be a fantastic alternative to the "Clear Channel Radio Service" I am forced to endure here on AM and FM both. But If I'm going to pay, I will not subject myself to the constant chatter on music channels.

See ya
Tony

You are absolutely, positively, completely, totally, 100%, f*ckin A right, correct. All I want is the music. I wouldn't pay for DJ's and promos. (Very annoying DJ's at that, at least on the rock channels.)

I'm still glad that Dish added it, though. The selction of music is very good. The price is great.

Another member says non-styop music with no interuptions makes him crazy. I wonder what happens when he listens to a CD? Does he go on a killing spree?

Nope, not gonna do it...wouldn't be prudent

I won't pay for satellite radio when I have an MP3 player in my truck and 4400+ tracks on my computer to burn. :music

XM Subscriber

I currently have XM and have loved it since the day it came out. However it lacks some good classic rock stations. After listening on dish there are quite a few channels on there that XM doesn't have. I do like XM's special music channels but a lot of the time I just like to listen to classic rock and it's just not there. I don't think I will switch but it's so nice to get them free...specially with a whole house music system and for parties.

If Stern comes to Sirius I will buy a unit for my car the next day. He has talked abuout Satellite Radio and said Sirus has approached him but he was currently under contract and can't negotiate.
Stern makes my commute bearable and makes me laugh. I am happier and don't get worked up with road rage.
Right now the music is good but not good enough to pay $12 a month. More compelling content like Howard Stern would be Sirius's killer app.

I just tuned to Alt Nation only to hear a friggin' loon talking over the music just until the lyrics started :pUKE:!!!!!!!!
XM is CHEAPER, has a wider playlist and the tiny Roady KILLS the HUGE Sirius form factor (not to mention that the Roady can match just about any cars' interior lights).
Sirius=redheaded stepchild :)
I can't fill out the poll because there's no "I have & prefer XM" selection.

I've got XM in my car now, but might upgrade to get Sirius as well due to the NFL feeds in the Fall. Jury is still out...... Now if SOMEONE could just figure out a way to sell an integrated receiver that has BOTH.

I voted NO.

If I'm going to spend any money putting digital music into my car, it will be for a PC with all of my CD's ripped to mp3. I can listen to 'my' music and not hear the same song twice if I drive from coast to coast. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts