Ok so I want to become a dish network retailer

of if you know who your area distributors are you can usually go through them.
If you are in the middle of the country check with www.cvssystems.com to see if they cover your area.
we go through cvs and they have always been great to work with

Does local retailer get a lot of business?

I thought most people just signup through the national retailer (or just call Dish directly)? The local retailer usually lock people in with 18/24 months of service agreements.

I thought most people just signup through the national retailer (or just call Dish directly)? The local retailer usually lock people in with 18/24 months of service agreements.

If the retailer is good at what they do. If they are fair to their customers, explain all the terms and conditions upfront, don't hide anything.
Do what they can for their customers (within reason), and just basically treat people right... then yeah, a retailer can be very profitable.
O, and advertising helps also ;)

Where I live we have 5 retailers in one fairly small city. A couple of them do it as a side business and don't really advertise, and a couple of them constantly overcharge their customers and don't treat them right. So, our business is doing very well. The best advertising a retailer can have in this line of work is by word of mouth. Take care of your customers and they will take care of you

D* will never be able to compete with us (E*) because they are always being sold to somebody else soooooooo let the firesale begin....who wants them next?

I could be wrong, but last time I looked I thought Directv had more subscribers than Dish.

O, and I install both... but i prefer and have Dish in my home :)

Retailer is your watch dog

Even if you sign up through Dish or DirecTV directly they will still lock you into a contract. A good dealer keeps up to date on all the specials and makes sure you get the best possbile packages and special deals that may not be advertised. Kind of like buying a plane ticket for 800 from Northwest when you could have got it at expedia for 400.

Robert Pope
www.2bearselectronics.com

Why I quit as a dealer.....

Did install for nice older couple who couldnt get cable, too far from road

Wife had stroke and couple dropped service moved in with son, pretty sure wife died.

I get a chargeback:( Hey I did EVERYTHING RIGHT........
take cell phone contracts. I didnt have the heart to charge the old guy his wife had died:(

When a sub under cell contract dies the contract is over, this by the way came up when my mom died, its also true of renting homes.

E wasnt interested in death certificate just debiting my bank account:(

About this time I sold at cost a new box to a ADMIN at dbsforums

He changed premiums constantly which flagged him as a hacker and E turned him off. called it a voluntary disconnect and debited my bank account again
:( I appealed to a insider source who had the admin turned back on but couldnt get my 250 bucks back.

I QUIT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts